I want to convert my ADO database into HTML
Author Message
 I want to convert my ADO database into HTML

I want to convert my ADO database into HTML.
How? I converted to XML but failed to built XSL. Any easy way to create auto
XSL..
Is there a way to connvert to html w/o using xsl file...!

T H AN KS

Private Sub exportxml_Click()
Set cmd = New adodb.Command
Set rst = New adodb.Recordset
With cmd
    .ActiveConnection = Con
    .CommandType = adCmdText
    .CommandText = "SELECT * FROM TABLE_CUSTOMER"
    .Execute
Set rst = cmd.Execute()
End With
Kill App.Path & "\DATABASE.XML"
rst.Save App.Path & "\DATABASE.XML", adPersistXML
Set rst = Nothing
Set cmd = Nothing
Text5.Text = TransformIt
End Sub

Private Function TransformIt() As String
    ' transform xml to html
    strSourceFile = App.Path & "\database.xml"
    strStyleFile = "" 'App.Path & "\example.xsl"
    Set xmlDocument = New DOMDocument
    xmlDocument.async = False           ' Load entire xml document before
processing
    xmlDocument.Load (strSourceFile)
    Set xslDocument = New DOMDocument
    xslDocument.async = False           ' Load entire xsl document before
processing
    xslDocument.Load (strStyleFile)
    TransformIt = xmlDocument.transformNode(xslDocument)
End Function

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 02:43:42 GMT
 I want to convert my ADO database into HTML
Hi,

You are on the right way. You need to create XSL to
transfor XML inot HTML. As I know there is now other way,
except to loop through recordset and build HTML saving
HTML tags and recordset values into text file. But I think
using of XSL is preferable. Is your XSL is wrong? Do you
get any error?

Val

Quote:

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 03:22:28 GMT

1. ADO ADO ADO ADO ADO VB examples / samples book wanted

2. WinBrowse 2.1 - convert databases to HTML!

3. How to convert Access Database to HTML

4. Converting .doc to html or .rtf to .html

5. Converting .doc to html or .rtf to .html

6. Converting .doc to html or .rtf to .html

7. Converting .doc to html or .rtf to .html

8. VB6: Open Access database with ADO and convert currencies to euro's

9. ADO control on HTML, to MSAccess/ODBC database on Webserver

10. VB6: Open Access database with ADO and convert currencies to euro's

11. Wanted to buy: Internet, HTML and VBScript by Forest Lin

12. WANTED: VB/HTML programmer