Import Text file into VB Database Table?
Author Message
 Import Text file into VB Database Table?

How do I import a csv text file into a table in my VB Database App.

I know in Access I can use DoCmd.TransferText, but is there a way to do it
in VB6?

Fri, 18 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Import Text file into VB Database Table?
check out the documentation on sequential, binary and random file access in
VB, using the #input function will assist you with importing a csv file into
VB.

Hope this helps

Craig

Quote:
> How do I import a csv text file into a table in my VB Database App.

> I know in Access I can use DoCmd.TransferText, but is there a way to do it
> in VB6?

Fri, 18 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Import Text file into VB Database Table?
Here is the necessary connection string.

http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm#ODBCDriverForText

If you are unclear what to do with it then check out the beginner's ADO
tutorial on my website.

--

Andrew Grillage
http://www.concresco.com

Quote:
> How do I import a csv text file into a table in my VB Database App.

> I know in Access I can use DoCmd.TransferText, but is there a way to do it
> in VB6?

Fri, 18 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. replace function quirk when importing text file to Access table

2. Problem importing a text file to a linked table in Access 2000

3. Import Text file into Access 2000 table

4. Importing text from a file into a table

5. importing text file into multiple records in table?

6. Browse to import a text file into a table

7. Importing text files to an Access table

8. Importing text files and tables in VB6

9. Importing a text file to a access table using VB6

10. Importing Text file to Access Table in Visual Basic 5.0

11. Importing a text file into an Access table

12. Importing Text File into Table