binding to a query-based DE recordset
Author Message
 binding to a query-based DE recordset

I have a data environment with 2 commands:
parent query based command with a not-required parameter and its child command

1) After channging the parent recordset object by launching the parent command
with a parameter

        the sql statement is: SELECT TFlight.* FROM TFlight WHERE DES = pCode

        none of microsoft controls I've tried (MSHFlex grid, textbox, richtext)
rebinds to the new content of neither of the two recordsets.  In case of the
latter two controls , when I set the control's datafield property to the value,
which it already has, an untrappable and not-documented "Data binding error"
occurrs saying "Field not updatable, Bound Property name: TextRTF, Field Name :
Info"; (Info is a field in my db the rtf control is bound to), then the control
more or less binds to the current recordset.
        Strangely, a third-party True DBGrid 7.0 Pro updates to the altered
recordset without problems (after firing its ReBind method)
        I get the error even if I set the datachanged property to false, so what
does the words "Field not updatable" is a mystery for me.
2) I don't know how to bind any control to a query based command with required
parameter
        (least important problem,  I bypassed it by using a not-required
parameter)
I'll be very grateful for any clue : How to rebind a control when a recordset in
a DataEnvironment changes without the unfortunately untrappable error( or if it
is trappable, I don't know where to trap it).

I am using Visual Basic 6.0 SP4 Proffesional Edition
 TIA

Wed, 20 Aug 2003 03:30:39 GMT

1. Mettre à jour une structure de table de base de donnée mdb par code

2. recuperar docemento de word de una base de datos

3. Campos de texto en base de datos

4. Syntax for Recordset based on Parameter Query

5. Recordset based on parameter query?

6. Basing a new query on an existing recordset

7. Query returns nothing to recordset based on input from user

8. Generate query based on filtered recordset.

9. http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu

10. Data designer bound controls seem to lose their binding to the recordset with Requery

11. Finding a record in a Bound recordset (bound using the DataEnvironment)

12. Data designer bound controls seem to lose their binding to the recordset with Requery