Excel 97/ADO/Oracle error numbers
Author Message
 Excel 97/ADO/Oracle error numbers

I am trying to convert from Oracle Objects for Ole to ADO for data access
to an Oracle 7.3 database.  I use Excel 97 as a development tool and I am
using the Oracle OleDb provider supplied by Microsoft.  Everything works
seemless until I get errors.  When I get an error, the text message is as I
expect it, but the error code numbers are not the same as they used to be.
I get something like this for a SQL error number "-2147467259" instead of
"1756".  The error text seems to work the fine "ORA-01756: quoted string
not properly terminated".

I am attempting to use "err" and the errors collection and the associated
properties and methods.  Do I need to set a reference?  What am I doing
wrong?  Thanks.

Tue, 09 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access 97 Error Logging - Line Number

2. List of VBA error numbers created when using Office 97

3. Excel 97 General ODBC Error

4. Excel 97 Error Can' t Assign Array

5. Help needed for error using visual basic and Excel 96-97

6. Error in VBA Excel 97 copying all except borders

7. Error Handling: cscript, vbscript, excel 97

8. Data Type Conversion Error - Excel 97

9. Key field error when appending excel file to access 97 database

10. Pb Query Number field on Oracle db w/ Vba Excel

11. ADO ACESS 97 Error handling

12. vba code to copy table from access 97 to excel 97