Oracle 8i & adOpenDynamic
Author Message
 Oracle 8i & adOpenDynamic

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the ADO cursortype adOpenDynamic in combination with
server side cursors to get a recordset which 'knows' when data has been
changed, deleted or added in the Oracle database. And I want to bind
data-aware controls to this so that the user 'immediately' sees the changed
in the database.
Can anyone tell my if this is possible?
(I'm using the OLEDB-provider and not ODBC).

Thank you,
Cheers

Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:24:26 GMT
 Oracle 8i & adOpenDynamic
Unfortunately, Oracle only supports the Static and Forward Only cursors.

Jim K

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I'm trying to use the ADO cursortype adOpenDynamic in combination with
> server side cursors to get a recordset which 'knows' when data has been
> changed, deleted or added in the Oracle database. And I want to bind
> data-aware controls to this so that the user 'immediately' sees the
changed
> in the database.
> Can anyone tell my if this is possible?
> (I'm using the OLEDB-provider and not ODBC).

> Thank you,
> Cheers

Tue, 14 Oct 2003 03:57:06 GMT

1. odbc fil dsn oracle 8i connection won't work

2. Problema ADO v/s Oracle 8i

3. Oracle 8i stored procedure

4. Update a field in a table with a DataCombo on a ORACLE 8i Database

5. Accessing Oracle 8i fromo VB5

6. Oracle 8i Return Codes

7. VB6 and Oracle 8i dates

8. Retrieve Recordsets from Oracle 8i Stored Procs

9. How to connect VB6 to Oracle 8i

10. Oracle 8i and Access

11. Retrieving Images From Oracle 8i

12. Application Development With Oracle 8i