PROBLEM USING BATCH UPDATE ON DISCONNECTED (HIERARCHAL) RECORDSET
Author Message
 PROBLEM USING BATCH UPDATE ON DISCONNECTED (HIERARCHAL) RECORDSET

I'm having two problems using ADO Disconnected Recordsets in Visual Basic
6.0.  I am using a hierarchar recordset to populate a series of text boxes
and a data grid.  To disconnect the recordset I did the following: Set the
CursorLocation to adUseClient, Set the Recordset's ActiveConnection to
Nothing, and Set the LockType to adLockBatchOptimistic.  When updating with
an open connection there is not a problem, however I would like to be able
to use a disconnected recordset.

 The first problem is:  when I attempt to do a UpdateBatch, the fields
defined within the ChildCMD in the Shape Construct are not being updated to
the database.  Fields within the ParentCMD are updating fine, no problem
there.

The second problem is:  When trying to Resync the recordset I get the
following error, "Insufficient key columninformation for updating or
refreshing."

My question is, are there any restrictions when using a disconnected
recordset when the recordset is hierarchal?  Any help would be most
appreciated.

Stacey Tarr

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using disconnected recordset and batch update

2. Help Disconnected recordset batch update

3. Disconnected Hierarchal recordset

4. Batch update for multiple tables using single ADO Recordset (VB )

5. Batch update for multiple tables using single ADO Recordset (VB )

6. Urgent: Update Oracle disconnected recordset using ADO 2.6 and VB6

7. Update recordset with Update Batch

8. Recordset Batch Update

9. Recordset Batch Update Question

10. Updating Identity field in disconnected recordset

11. Disconnected ADO Recordset-Updating

12. Why won't disconnected Recordset Update??