Please can someone explain what this error is
Author Message
 Please can someone explain what this error is

I am relatively new to this and have dowloaded some sample code to look at.
This is the second bit of code that this error message appears. Am I missing
a project reference?
This is the part where VB stops and gives an error message:

Private Sub Adodc1_MoveComplete(ByVal adReason As ADODB.EventReasonEnum,
ByVal pError As ADODB.Error, adStatus As ADODB.EventStatusEnum, ByVal
pRecordset As ADODB.Recordset

Error Message: "procedure decleration does not match description of event or
procedure having the same name"

Thanks for the help if any.

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:04:51 GMT
 Please can someone explain what this error is
Hi,

It means that code, which you use was written using
different version of ADODC control. In that case some of
events of control have different parameters. What you need
to do is to make copy of code inside MoveComplete event
inot another place (call it code A). Delete whole event
code. Now select same MoveComplete event from list of
available events and copy code A back to event

Val
Microsoft MVP

Quote:

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:27:12 GMT
 Please can someone explain what this error is
incorrect number of arguments?
incorrect argument types?

pete

Quote:

> I am relatively new to this and have dowloaded some sample code to look at.
> This is the second bit of code that this error message appears. Am I missing
> a project reference?
> This is the part where VB stops and gives an error message:

> Private Sub Adodc1_MoveComplete(ByVal adReason As ADODB.EventReasonEnum,
> ByVal pError As ADODB.Error, adStatus As ADODB.EventStatusEnum, ByVal
> pRecordset As ADODB.Recordset

> Error Message: "procedure decleration does not match description of event or
> procedure having the same name"

> Thanks for the help if any.

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:54:25 GMT
 Please can someone explain what this error is
there is something wrong with the parameters/arguments..

--
    Abdulaziz Alfoudari
http://www.vbparadise.com

Quote:
> I am relatively new to this and have dowloaded some sample code to look
at.
> This is the second bit of code that this error message appears. Am I
missing
> a project reference?
> This is the part where VB stops and gives an error message:

> Private Sub Adodc1_MoveComplete(ByVal adReason As ADODB.EventReasonEnum,
> ByVal pError As ADODB.Error, adStatus As ADODB.EventStatusEnum, ByVal
> pRecordset As ADODB.Recordset

> Error Message: "procedure decleration does not match description of event
or
> procedure having the same name"

> Thanks for the help if any.

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 20:44:13 GMT
 Please can someone explain what this error is

Quote:
> Error Message: "procedure decleration does not match description of event
or
> procedure having the same name"

Cut all the code you've placed in this procedure (if any) EXCLUDING THE
Private Sub...End Sub lines to the clipboard. Now select the Private
Sub...End Sub lines and delete them. Select Adodc1 from the Objects dropdown
and then select the MoveComplete procedure. VB will create the proper stub
and you can paste your code back in.

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:19:42 GMT
 Please can someone explain what this error is

Quote:

> I am relatively new to this and have dowloaded some sample code to look at.
> This is the second bit of code that this error message appears. Am I missing
> a project reference?
> This is the part where VB stops and gives an error message:

> Private Sub Adodc1_MoveComplete(ByVal adReason As ADODB.EventReasonEnum,
> ByVal pError As ADODB.Error, adStatus As ADODB.EventStatusEnum, ByVal
> pRecordset As ADODB.Recordset

> Error Message: "procedure decleration does not match description of event or
> procedure having the same name"

> Thanks for the help if any.

Most likely, you created the control, entered some code into its
event procedure, and then *later* gave the control an index value,
turning it into a member of a control array.

The procedure Jeff suggests should fix this.

The procedure I usually follow feels "safer" to me:

+Rename the offending event procedure
 (I usually insert a 'z' at the beginning of the name)
+using the editor pull-downs, create a new empty procedure for the event
+triple-click to select the now-renamed procedure, cut and paste it whole
 into the new empty one (or drag-drop works too)
+delete the now-superfluous begin and end lines
 (making sure to cut the renamed one and not the new, correct one)

        Bob
--

Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:51:45 GMT
 Please can someone explain what this error is

Quote:

> +triple-click to select the now-renamed procedure, cut and paste it whole
>  into the new empty one (or drag-drop works too)

oops

I misremembered how to select a whole procedure in the IDE.
What you do is double-click in the left margin of the edit window,
in the region where the pointer becomes an up-and-right arrow.

        Bob
--

Wed, 27 Oct 2004 01:06:10 GMT
 Please can someone explain what this error is

Quote:
> I misremembered how to select a whole procedure in the IDE.
> What you do is double-click in the left margin of the edit window,
> in the region where the pointer becomes an up-and-right arrow.

Or Ctrl+click this area.

Wed, 27 Oct 2004 01:50:09 GMT
 Please can someone explain what this error is
Hi

The error is becouse you have a Referencia to ADO Library Version that not
match with the Version of The ADODC Object Referenced.
You have to test with all the Versions of ADO Library until you do not have
the error.

I'am Sorry becouse my English!!!

Sincerely
Linette

Quote:
> I am relatively new to this and have dowloaded some sample code to look
at.
> This is the second bit of code that this error message appears. Am I
missing
> a project reference?
> This is the part where VB stops and gives an error message:

> Private Sub Adodc1_MoveComplete(ByVal adReason As ADODB.EventReasonEnum,
> ByVal pError As ADODB.Error, adStatus As ADODB.EventStatusEnum, ByVal
> pRecordset As ADODB.Recordset

> Error Message: "procedure decleration does not match description of event
or
> procedure having the same name"

> Thanks for the help if any.

Tue, 02 Nov 2004 23:46:48 GMT
 Please can someone explain what this error is
On Fri, 17 May 2002 17:46:48 +0200, "Linette Arias"

Quote:

>Hi

>The error is becouse you have a Referencia to ADO Library Version that not
>match with the Version of The ADODC Object Referenced.
>You have to test with all the Versions of ADO Library until you do not have
>the error.

>I'am Sorry becouse my English!!!

>Sincerely
>Linette

>> I am relatively new to this and have dowloaded some sample code to look
>at.
>> This is the second bit of code that this error message appears. Am I
>missing
>> a project reference?
>> This is the part where VB stops and gives an error message:

>> Private Sub Adodc1_MoveComplete(ByVal adReason As ADODB.EventReasonEnum,
>> ByVal pError As ADODB.Error, adStatus As ADODB.EventStatusEnum, ByVal
>> pRecordset As ADODB.Recordset

>> Error Message: "procedure decleration does not match description of event
>or
>> procedure having the same name"

>> Thanks for the help if any.

Linette is correct.  Way back when in the early stages of ADO (I
believe it was the transition from 2.0 to 2.1) they changed that
declaration and broke what little code existed at that time.

I'm not sure what the best remedy is but I would suggest that if you
can upgrade your MDAC to 2.5 or 2.6 (2.7 requires IE 6.0) that you
should do so.  Then change your project reference to include the newer
version of Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects.

Then you can follow Jeff's advice for cutting and pasting your
existing code into a properly declared MoveComplete function.

Wed, 03 Nov 2004 00:28:45 GMT

1. Please can someone explain what this error is

2. Please can someone explain what this error is

3. Please can someone explain what this error is

4. Can someone PLEASE explain this simple thing?

5. Help: Can someone Please Explain why the following happens

6. Can someone explain this code for me please?

7. Hello, could someone please explain to me..

8. Could someone please explain In Process Servers?

9. Someone explain VB class reasoning to me, please...

10. Could someone please explain this line of code?

11. Can someone please explain connect strings....?

12. someone please explain object persistance