recordset loses sort when passed to asp
Author Message
 recordset loses sort when passed to asp

when I call a method in a dll that returns a sorted recordset, the sort is lost
when called from asp but is still sorted when called from vb.

specifics:
I created a method that opens a recordset (adOpenDynamic, adLockBatchOptimistic)
and CursorLocation = adUseClient.  The recordset only has one column.  I then
disconnect the recordset.  Then I add more records to this recordset (.AddNew)
from other queries against different databases.  When my recordset has all the
data I call the Sort method before returning the disconnected recordset.

when I call this method from a vb app, the recordset is returned sort.
when I call this method from an asp app, the recordset is returned unsort (the
order that the records were added)

Any Ideas? (besides maybe creating a sorted string array)
Or maybe there is a better way to create a recordset that combines data from
multiple queries against multiple databases?

Mon, 13 Oct 2003 22:54:44 GMT
 recordset loses sort when passed to asp
Your Sort and other similar properties are lost when the recordset is passed
(marshalled) out of process.  Another process must be hosting the DLL when
called from your ASP application.  See Q248287 on ADO Marshaling.

Tue, 14 Oct 2003 08:09:46 GMT

1. take passed-in info from an ASP page and sort with it

2. take passed-in info from an ASP page and sort with it

3. ASP-ADO-RecordSet-Sort problem

4. Fabricated Recordset in ASP won′t pass to VB component

5. Fabricated Recordset in ASP won′t pass to VB component

6. passing a recordset from a com to an asp page

7. Passing Recordsets from a dll to ASP

8. Passing Recordsets from a dll to ASP

9. Error 800a0007 Unspecified Error When Passing Disconnected Recordset from MTS to ASP

10. passing recordset back to ASP from a COM-object

11. Passing a ADODB.RecordSet from ASP into a VB Active-X DLL

12. passing ASP recordsets to Crystal reports