Run-time error "5": Invalid procedure call
Author Message
 Run-time error "5": Invalid procedure call

Hi All...

When I run this program in the IDE it works fine. When I run it as an
executable I get a Run-time error "5": Invalid procedure call or argument. I
think this is a known problem based on the knowledge base artical Q242347.
This block of code is being called right after a modal form has closed and
the focus has returned to the main form. Has NE1 got a work around for this.

With frmFind

    .addCaption = "Caller Name to find"

    .recordSource = "SELECT CallerName FROM qryCallers ORDER BY CallerName"

    .Show vbModal

End With

If (Len(gFindString) > 0) Then

With adoRecordset

    .MoveFirst '-- to make sure it starts a the first record

    .Find "CallerName = '" & gFindString & "'"

        If adoRecordset.EOF = True Then

            iReturn = MsgBox("Agent Name: " & gFindString & _

            " was not found.", vbCritical, App.Title)

        Else

            iReturn = MsgBox("Agent Name: " & gFindString & _

            " was retrieved.", vbInformation, App.Title)

        End If

    End With

End If

Thanks in advance

meh

Tue, 30 Mar 2004 07:45:16 GMT

1. run-time error "Bookmark is Invalid"

2. "Invalid Procedure Call"

3. compile error "invalid procedure call or argument

4. compile error "invalid procedure call or argument

5. Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument

6. Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument

7. Printing Error "Run Time error 486"

8. DCOM ERROR Run-time error "91"

9. run time error "52": bad file name or number

10. HELP "Run-time error 432" HELP

11. Run-Time error "430"?

12. RDO run time error "40041"