Run Time Error 3426 ?
Author Message
 Run Time Error 3426 ?

Hi all,

I have a database conected via a data control.The form consists of
navigation buttons like first,prev,next,last with codes like
data1.recordset.movefirst and hence forth.

I also have a combo box and a text box which when combo clicked gives the
respective details in the text box.

The feature works fine when i click on the combo giving the respective
details in the text box.Suppose i click on any of the navigation buttons
after selecting an item from the combo box,it gives me a RUN TIME ERROR
3426.
I have no clue what is to be done.So please help with appropriate coding.

Thanking you in advance.

Yours

Savio

Sat, 20 Dec 2003 02:28:00 GMT
 Run Time Error 3426 ?
Hi Savio,

Is your combo box data bound? If so, I think the problem is probably that
accessing the data bound combo box moves the cursor in your data control so
that when you try to navigate, you get a your error. Could you populate the
combo box yourself (i.e. not make it databound)?

Best regards,

Ade.

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I have a database conected via a data control.The form consists of
> navigation buttons like first,prev,next,last with codes like
> data1.recordset.movefirst and hence forth.

> I also have a combo box and a text box which when combo clicked gives the
> respective details in the text box.

> The feature works fine when i click on the combo giving the respective
> details in the text box.Suppose i click on any of the navigation buttons
> after selecting an item from the combo box,it gives me a RUN TIME ERROR
> 3426.
> I have no clue what is to be done.So please help with appropriate coding.

> Thanking you in advance.

> Yours

> Savio

Sat, 20 Dec 2003 02:46:45 GMT
 Run Time Error 3426 ?
Hi Ade,

Thanks for replying me.Yes I can populate the combo box myself.I use the
datacontrol to connect to the database.

Please do help.

Yours

Savio :)

Quote:
> Hi Savio,

> Is your combo box data bound? If so, I think the problem is probably that
> accessing the data bound combo box moves the cursor in your data control
so
> that when you try to navigate, you get a your error. Could you populate
the
> combo box yourself (i.e. not make it databound)?

> Best regards,

> Ade.

> > Hi all,

> > I have a database conected via a data control.The form consists of
> > navigation buttons like first,prev,next,last with codes like
> > data1.recordset.movefirst and hence forth.

> > I also have a combo box and a text box which when combo clicked gives
the
> > respective details in the text box.

> > The feature works fine when i click on the combo giving the respective
> > details in the text box.Suppose i click on any of the navigation buttons
> > after selecting an item from the combo box,it gives me a RUN TIME ERROR
> > 3426.
> > I have no clue what is to be done.So please help with appropriate
coding.

> > Thanking you in advance.

> > Yours

> > Savio

Mon, 22 Dec 2003 04:18:48 GMT
 Run Time Error 3426 ?
So, have you tried using a standard windows combobox rather than a data
bound one? I think this is where your problem stems from. If you use a stock
windows combo then when the user interacts with it, it won't upset the
datacontrol's position and your navigation should continue to work normally.

Ade.

Quote:
> Hi Ade,

> Thanks for replying me.Yes I can populate the combo box myself.I use the
> datacontrol to connect to the database.

> Please do help.

> Yours

> Savio :)

> > Hi Savio,

> > Is your combo box data bound? If so, I think the problem is probably
that
> > accessing the data bound combo box moves the cursor in your data control
> so
> > that when you try to navigate, you get a your error. Could you populate
> the
> > combo box yourself (i.e. not make it databound)?

> > Best regards,

> > Ade.

> > > Hi all,

> > > I have a database conected via a data control.The form consists of
> > > navigation buttons like first,prev,next,last with codes like
> > > data1.recordset.movefirst and hence forth.

> > > I also have a combo box and a text box which when combo clicked gives
> the
> > > respective details in the text box.

> > > The feature works fine when i click on the combo giving the respective
> > > details in the text box.Suppose i click on any of the navigation
buttons
> > > after selecting an item from the combo box,it gives me a RUN TIME
ERROR
> > > 3426.
> > > I have no clue what is to be done.So please help with appropriate
> coding.

> > > Thanking you in advance.

> > > Yours

> > > Savio

Mon, 22 Dec 2003 05:07:21 GMT
 Run Time Error 3426 ?
Hi,

Well ,right now ,I m using a standard windows combo box.By the way where and
what is a stock windows combo box?
I am just looking for a code that would debug this problem.

Always

Savio :)

Quote:
> So, have you tried using a standard windows combobox rather than a data
> bound one? I think this is where your problem stems from. If you use a
stock
> windows combo then when the user interacts with it, it won't upset the
> datacontrol's position and your navigation should continue to work
normally.

> Ade.

> > Hi Ade,

> > Thanks for replying me.Yes I can populate the combo box myself.I use the
> > datacontrol to connect to the database.

> > Please do help.

> > Yours

> > Savio :)

> > > Hi Savio,

> > > Is your combo box data bound? If so, I think the problem is probably
> that
> > > accessing the data bound combo box moves the cursor in your data
control
> > so
> > > that when you try to navigate, you get a your error. Could you
populate
> > the
> > > combo box yourself (i.e. not make it databound)?

> > > Best regards,

> > > Ade.

> > the

> buttons
> ERROR
> > coding.

Tue, 23 Dec 2003 23:44:36 GMT
 Run Time Error 3426 ?

Quote:
> Hi,

> Well ,right now ,I m using a standard windows combo box.By the way where
and
> what is a stock windows combo box?

By stock windows combo, I just meant not a data bound one.

Quote:
> I am just looking for a code that would debug this problem.

Perhaps you could post some of your code so that we can see what you're
actually doing?

Ade.

Wed, 24 Dec 2003 05:04:14 GMT

1. Run time error 3426 problem

2. Run Time Error 3426

3. run-time error 3426

4. run-time error 3426

5. RUN-Time Error 3426

6. Run-time error 3426 action cancelled by an associated object

7. Run Time Error 3426

8. Run Time Error 3426

9. Run-time error 3426

10. Run time error 3426, action was cancelled by an associated object

11. run-time error 3426??

12. run-time error 3426??