ADO DataCombo list field has duplicate entries
Author Message
 ADO DataCombo list field has duplicate entries

  I have a drop-down DataCombo control that is connected to a customer
database.  The list field text is the customer last name and bound
column is the customer ID.  There are, of course, dupplicate last names
in the list (i.e. Smith Bob, Smith Bill, Smith Tom etc.).  When I use
the mouse or keyboard arrow buttons to scroll through the duplicate
last names, the data "freezes" on the first occurrence of the duplicate
name and does not change until a different name is encountered (i.e.
Joe Stein). Here is the code I am currently using for the
DbCombo_Change event:

Private Sub FindArtistByID()
    With adoArtists.Recordset
        .MoveFirst
        Do Until !art_id = dbcArtistName.cus_id
            .MoveNext
        Loop
    End With
End Sub

 Any help will be greatly appreciated.
The Maestro

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 28 Jul 2003 13:51:24 GMT

1. DataCombo List entries

2. Duplicate Entries in Auto-Incrementing Fields

3. PREVENT DUPLICATE FIELD ENTRIES IN A DATABESE --- is this possible

4. can DataCombo lists 2 fields?

5. ADO datacombo limit to list ??

6. Combobox ADO data binding and listing all entries at runtime

7. ADO Recordset field entry

8. Having trouble accessing single field key with two concatenated fields

9. Adding Field to Access db - need to make indexed property of field No Duplicates

10. VB6 DataCombo - how to select certain entry programmaticaly?

11. How to Display the 1st Entry in the DataCombo Control

12. Real-time checking of duplicate entries