Using browser-side ADODB.Command object?
Author Message
 Using browser-side ADODB.Command object?

Is it possible to use an ADODB.Command object in client (browser) side
scripting?

<script language=VBScript>
    Dim cmd
    Set cmd = CreateObject("ADODB.Command")    'Generates an error, can't
instantiated
</script>

I can query the database using SQL and a Recordset object but I can't create
the Command object for my stored procedures.

Is this a limitation in the client-side scripting or have I missed
something?  I would have thought all the ADO objects would work if the
Recordset object works.

Thanks!
David

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:51:52 GMT
 Using browser-side ADODB.Command object?
"ADODB.Command" is considered an "unsafe" component on the client side. With
lowered security, you *can* create it on the client side...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Is it possible to use an ADODB.Command object in client (browser) side
> scripting?

> <script language=vbscript>
>     Dim cmd
>     Set cmd = CreateObject("ADODB.Command")    'Generates an error, can't
> instantiated
> </script>

> I can query the database using SQL and a Recordset object but I can't
create
> the Command object for my stored procedures.

> Is this a limitation in the client-side scripting or have I missed
> something?  I would have thought all the ADO objects would work if the
> Recordset object works.

> Thanks!
> David

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:19:37 GMT
 Using browser-side ADODB.Command object?
Hmm, what a nuissance.  Thanks for the info!

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:38:25 GMT

1. Using browser-side ADODB.Command object?

2. Using browser-side ADODB.Command object?

3. Sending command to a FoxPro database using ADODB.Command Object

4. Using adodb command object with transferspreadsheet

5. Using where IN with a ADODB.Command object...

6. Err in using ADODB Command Object in VB.Net

7. Access - VBA - Object Browser - ADODB - F1 ?

8. Problem creating ADODB.command object in asp.

9. ADODB command object

10. When to use ADODB.Command Object in ADO Programming

11. ADODB.Command Connection Error in MTS object

12. When to use ADODB.Command Object in ADO Programming