Recordset limits
Author Message
 Recordset limits

Using VB6 and SQL2K.

Is there a limit on the number of record that can be opened simultaneously for each db connection?  Is there a point where application performance will be degraded?

Thanks,

LP

Mon, 25 Oct 2004 05:00:48 GMT
 Recordset limits

Is there a limit on the number of recordests that can be opened simultaneously in one ado connection?

Thanks,

LP

Mon, 25 Oct 2004 05:03:32 GMT
 Recordset limits

Hi!

The number of concurent open recordsets is limited by number of open cursors which could be opened for one connection. But this number is related to teh database you are working with. For example Oracle has a parameter called something like 'OPEN_CURSORS'  which could be set to appropriate number. A big number of simultaneously opened cursors could affect performance of the whole database system.
Sorry, but I do not know how SQL2K handle this - I suppose that there could be something similar like it is in ORACLE.

Goran

  Using VB6 and SQL2K.

  Is there a limit on the number of record that can be opened simultaneously for each db connection?  Is there a point where application performance will be degraded?

  Thanks,

  LP

Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:59:31 GMT

1. Are recordsets limited to any number of records?

2. Recordset Limit

3. Real World RecordSet Limits

4. Ado Recordset limit

5. Open RecordSet Limits?

6. Limits on the SET action of a Recordset

7. Limiting size of Access recordset

8. ODBC recordset problems, 100 record limit?

9. ADO Createable recordset size limits?

10. ADO Createable recordset size limits?

11. Limiting Recordsets to last several records.

12. Limiting the size of a recordset