Which msm for older ADO 2.0
Author Message
 Which msm for older ADO 2.0

I am installing to XP
My VB5 app uses access mdb files with ADO 2.0 and the provider is
MICROSOFT.JET.OLEDB.3.51

With isx354 I included mdac25.msm and jet351.msm but the target computer
after installation will not connect to the database.

With my older isx 2.13 I just included mdac_typ.exe to installations and the
database access worked fine from W95 through XP

Can someone recommend what components to include or should
I just use the old mdac_typ.exe ?

Deb

Tue, 10 May 2005 04:47:50 GMT
 Which msm for older ADO 2.0
Debbie,

Win XP comes with MDAC 2.7, which does not include Jet driver/providers. See
enxt KB about that.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;271908

You would need to download Jet 4.0 separately and change your connection
string to use Jet 4.0, not 3.51. See next link for download

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q282010

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> I am installing to XP
> My VB5 app uses access mdb files with ADO 2.0 and the provider is
> MICROSOFT.JET.OLEDB.3.51

> With isx354 I included mdac25.msm and jet351.msm but the target computer
> after installation will not connect to the database.

> With my older isx 2.13 I just included mdac_typ.exe to installations and
the
> database access worked fine from W95 through XP

> Can someone recommend what components to include or should
> I just use the old mdac_typ.exe ?

> Deb

Tue, 10 May 2005 04:55:29 GMT

1. ADO Control against ADO 2.1 and ADO 2.0

2. Problem with old Crystal 2.0 report

3. error 3041: try to load old database (Access 1.1/2.0)

4. ADO with older JET

5. CRW 8.0 - Upgrading old reports to use ADO

6. Using ADO on older platforms

7. The old ADO/DAO question from a NEWBIE

8. ADO with older JET

9. The old debate - ADO vs. Components (VB6)

10. the old question ADO or DAO

11. dotNETFXRedist_x86_enu.msm

12. old book / old program