MS Datagrid - Delete Fails with SQL ADO recordset
Author Message
 MS Datagrid - Delete Fails with SQL ADO recordset

I am trying to bind a SQL ADO recordset to - MS dataGrid 6.0.

2 Questions.

1.    Unless I use a clientside cursor, I get an error stating that "the
recordset is not bookmarkable" or something along those             lines.
What do I need to do to use a server side cursor?

2.    Using the clientside cursor I have managed to bind the recordset to
the datagrid.  I am able to add new records and update existing ones.  When
I delete, it appears to work but when I move to another record and come back
the record is there             again.  I have permissions, I have delete
enabled, I have updated my recordset, and refreshed my datagrid.  But still,
it is not working - can anyone give me some pointers?

Thanks very much.

Brian Foster.

Sat, 29 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MS Datagrid - Delete Fails with SQL ADO recordset
Brian,

1.  Can't be done.
2.  How are you deleting the records?  This should work using the grid
without having to refresh.  You may want to check the LockType property.

Hope this helps,
Anthony

Quote:
> I am trying to bind a SQL ADO recordset to - MS dataGrid 6.0.

> 2 Questions.

> 1.    Unless I use a clientside cursor, I get an error stating that "the
> recordset is not bookmarkable" or something along those             lines.
> What do I need to do to use a server side cursor?

> 2.    Using the clientside cursor I have managed to bind the recordset to
> the datagrid.  I am able to add new records and update existing ones.
When
> I delete, it appears to work but when I move to another record and come
back
> the record is there             again.  I have permissions, I have delete
> enabled, I have updated my recordset, and refreshed my datagrid.  But
still,
> it is not working - can anyone give me some pointers?

> Thanks very much.

> Brian Foster.

Sat, 29 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. MOVELAST Fail after deleting the last record in a ADO recordset

2. Deleting from ADO Recordset bound to a datagrid

3. datagrid 6.0 with ado recordset and deleting records

4. HELP - ADO recordset clone failing on SQL Server 7

5. ADO, DataGrid, MS SQL, stored procedure

6. VB ADO recordset returned from MS SQL

7. ADO fails to release Recordset cursor after opening disconnected Recordset

8. Deleting Record in Recordset fails

9. Delete SQL Failing on Novell Server

10. sql-problem ADO - MS Sql Server

11. VB6 - CR7 - SQL Server - Want to send either SQL or ADO recordset to report

12. ADO recordset MoveLast fails