Performance of Stored Proc Parameter Passing
Author Message
 Performance of Stored Proc Parameter Passing

All,

Is it faster to:

1)  Create the stored proc params in my program, and then assign the values
to them:

In other words, in the beginning of my program, create a command object,
build the params (not with refresh, but by myself) and then when it's time,
connect it to a connection, pass in the values, and execute

2)  Create a stored proc in my program, and use the Params property of
execute to pass in the params

Create the command object, and then when it's time, connect to a connection,
create a variant array with the "Array" function in VB that has the values
of the params, and execute

3)  Create the stored proc params in my program , and assign values via the
variant array (hybrid of #1 and #2)

I am connection to MS Access 2K AND MSDE, depending on what the client
wants, so I need to keep both in mind (although 95% choose MS Access)

Mon, 08 Mar 2004 19:55:41 GMT

1. How to pass parameter to DataEnvironment (stored proc)

2. Problem passing parameters to MSSQL Svr stored proc using API

3. Passing parameter from VB6 to a CRW report based on a Stored Proc

4. Passing DATETIME parameter to stored proc

5. Passing DATETIME parameter to stored proc

6. Passing DATETIME parameter to stored proc

7. Passing DATETIME parameter to stored proc

8. passing stored proc parameters to crystal reports

9. Stored proc parameters in crystal reports

10. Retrieving Output Parameters from SQL Stored Proc

11. limit to parameters sent to stored proc

12. Stored Proc output parameter