Binary Data in SQL 2000/Conver to Bitmap Data For Data Grid View
Author Message
 Binary Data in SQL 2000/Conver to Bitmap Data For Data Grid View

I need to find out how to export all records in my SQL 2000
Parts Table for field name called Photo.. It is of type
Binary.. I need to process all records and dump to a hard
drive or network server.. Then I can use a data grid to
show the user the photo image of a electrical part used
for microwave installation.

I am new to VB and SQL Server.. Please help..
You guys are great..

Tue, 01 Jun 2004 07:26:43 GMT
 Binary Data in SQL 2000/Conver to Bitmap Data For Data Grid View

William,

Using ADO to access the image data in SQL Server and save it out to disk is
demonstrated in Q258038, "HOWTO: Access/Modify SQL Server BLOB Data w/ ADO
Stream Object". Using the Stream object is much simpler than the old
"chunk" methods.

Although the sample only uses a single record and image, it should be
relatively easy to add code to loop through all records in your table.

-Doug

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Wed, 02 Jun 2004 08:40:13 GMT

1. Can't view SQL Server 2000 tables in VB6 Data Environment

2. Can't view SQL Server 2000 tables in VB6 Data Environment

3. Can't view SQL Server 2000 tables in VB6 Data Environment

4. Immediately view changed data of SQL server 2000 after other user change it

5. Can't view SQL Server 2000 tables in VB6 Data Environment

6. Can't view SQL Server 2000 tables in VB6 Data Environment

7. Data View and SQL Server 2000 Problem

8. Write binary data from SQL as image/bitmap in RTF

9. Exporting Outloook Data based on a view to Ms Excel 2000

10. Use binary bitmap data

11. Get colormap and binary data of bitmap?

12. How to get/set the actual binary data of a bitmap