Combo Box - Populating Values from the Database.
Author Message
 Combo Box - Populating Values from the Database.

Hi All,
I am fetching two columns of a table from the database.
The Primary Key and a descriptive field that I want to populate in a combo
box.
While populating, I could not store the PK value anywhere.
Can anyone please confirm this. What is the best way to keep track of the PK
for each value in the combo box.

TIA
Andy

Sat, 07 May 2005 16:51:25 GMT
 Combo Box - Populating Values from the Database.
Hi,
  You can store the Primary Key in ItemData.  The property of combo.  So you
will display the descriptive filed and this will have Primary Key in
ItemData.
Hope this helps

Quote:

> Hi All,
> I am fetching two columns of a table from the database.
> The Primary Key and a descriptive field that I want to populate in a combo
> box.
> While populating, I could not store the PK value anywhere.
> Can anyone please confirm this. What is the best way to keep track of the
PK
> for each value in the combo box.

> TIA
> Andy

Sat, 07 May 2005 17:04:05 GMT
 Combo Box - Populating Values from the Database.
Ajay

Thanks a mill

Sat, 07 May 2005 17:18:27 GMT
 Combo Box - Populating Values from the Database.
you can also fill a seperate list box and change the listbox's listindex as
the combobox's listindex changes.

romeo

Sat, 07 May 2005 21:20:02 GMT

1. Combo Box - Populating Values from the Database.

2. Populating a combo box from another combo box

3. Populate a combo box from another combo box selection

4. Method for populating a combo box (ASP) with values from an access table

5. Populate a Combo Box with default value...

6. How to set default value of combo box to value of record in database

7. Re-populating combo box from Access database

8. Populate combo box from database

9. Populate combo box from database

10. populating combo box from access database in outlook

11. enter data in a combo box based on value from another combo box

12. Unable to populate text box from combo box