How to use Find...
Author Message
 How to use Find...

I'm using SQL with VB connection using ADO.

HOw can I use 'Find' like Addnew, edit,delete.

Please help me soon

Thanks in advance.

Rajmohan

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to use Find...
rsMyrecordset.Find "FieldName1='Rajmohan' "
or
rsMyrecordset.Find "FieldName2=234"
or
rsMyrecordset.Find "FieldName=" & txtTextBox.text

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to use Find...
My Data Queries Returns Empty Recordsets

Program Ex.
 objRec.AddNew
 objRec("Name") = "peter"
 objRec("Address") = "42 Aalekistevej"
 objRec.Update

 ' now find it, just to prove it is there
 objRec.Find "Name = 'peter'"

here comes the error...
 -Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e21'
 -Errors occurred

 If objRec.EOF Then

when I opens the Access db, the record is there!
ActiveX ADO problem ??:
I have installed the MDAC 2.1.2.4202.3 GA

What is wrong???

from Peter Bork

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to use Find...
If your record has an autonumber field then you need a .Requery. I presume
that you used adUseClient. If you use adUseServer and a static cursor you
will be able to see the new record.

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to use Find...
sasdadsasdsd

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help! Code using Find{Next,Previous} in RecordsetClone

2. Creating Items collection using Find method instead of Restrict

3. Creating Items collection using Find method instead of Restrict

4. Help with Using Find, and CTRL+BREAK

5. Error with using .find method

6. Please help - error using .Find method

7. Returning multiple words using find

8. Office XP PIA and using Find

9. VB 3.0, using Find with a variable.

10. Programatically Using Find File