URGENT !! Pls HELP, Slow and Strange
Author Message
 URGENT !! Pls HELP, Slow and Strange

I use a VB6 program to generate records and write to a temp table and
after the user amend the record which then transfer to the master table.
I have a Advance server with 312MB Ram PIII500 which install the SQL
database and the performance is fine, for 450 recs it took 20 seconds.
BUT I use the same code program and same database which installed on a
PII 400 NT4 512MB ram and it took me 5 minutes to complete the 8 recs!!!
I tried to use the
direct sql statement

do until
    insert ... values...
loop

and

do until
 rs.addnew
 ..
 rs.update
loop

but the two method still get the same slow result 8recs cost 5 minutes!!

Do anyone can help me.

Thanks in advance

Best wishes.
Gabriel

  kpyeung.vcf
< 1K Download

Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:33:50 GMT
 URGENT !! Pls HELP, Slow and Strange

Quote:

> I use a VB6 program to generate records and write to a temp table and
> after the user amend the record which then transfer to the master table.
> I have a Advance server with 312MB Ram PIII500 which install the SQL
> database and the performance is fine, for 450 recs it took 20 seconds.
> BUT I use the same code program and same database which installed on a
> PII 400 NT4 512MB ram and it took me 5 minutes to complete the 8 recs! The
> server totally have 2

databases
Quote:

> I tried to use the
> direct sql statement

> do until
>     insert ... values...
> loop

> and

> do until
>  rs.addnew
>  ..
>  rs.update
> loop

> but the two method still get the same slow result 8recs cost 5 minutes!!

> Do anyone can help me.

> Thanks in advance

> Best wishes.
> Gabriel

  kpyeung.vcf
< 1K Download

Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:41:08 GMT

1. WEBClass strange problem, pls help

2. webclass strange problem, pls help

3. Strange error ! Pls help me

4. Help pls - Crystal Reports/ Access/ VB - Urgent

5. Urgent help required pls - Dynamic form calling

6. Pls help it is Urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

7. URGENT! Pls Help - problem with VB4.0

8. Web Application ---URGENT---HELP PLS!!

9. URGENT: Unable to clean up the old COM ref..pls help

10. GRABBER: HELP PLS ;) URGENT

11. very urgent pls help

12. Asymmetric encryption (VERY URGENT PLS HELP) advapi32.dll