MTS for win 2k Pro?
Author Message
 MTS for win 2k Pro?

    Can anyone lead me in the right direction for getting MTS for windows 2000 Pro?  I suppose I will need personal web server as well, am I right in that?  Thanks.
Bill B

Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:29:22 GMT
 MTS for win 2k Pro?

I don't think you need it, and it's probably not recommended,
since you now can use COM+ instead, which is included in win2000
and it is like "MTS 2000".

--

      Can anyone lead me in the right direction for getting MTS for windows 2000 Pro?  I suppose I will need personal web server as well, am I right in that?  Thanks.
  Bill B

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 02:41:52 GMT
 MTS for win 2k Pro?

Thanks, I'll check that out.  I'm just really suprised to hear that MS would abondon MTS.  It was such a magor focus on the MCSD distributed exam that I had expected it to last for years to come.  Oh well, back to the books once again:)
Bill

  I don't think you need it, and it's probably not recommended,
  since you now can use COM+ instead, which is included in win2000
  and it is like "MTS 2000".

  --

        Can anyone lead me in the right direction for getting MTS for windows 2000 Pro?  I suppose I will need personal web server as well, am I right in that?  Thanks.
    Bill B

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 06:36:11 GMT
 MTS for win 2k Pro?
They didn't abandon the idea, it just evolved to something better...

Evert

=======================================
My email address has been altered to
avoid unwanted email.

Replies to the newsgroup only, please.

Thanks,
Evert Timmer:
Transworld Software
VC++, VB6, SQL Server Database Solutions
http://www.transworld-software.com (under construction)
=======================================

Thanks, I'll check that out.  I'm just really suprised to hear that MS would
abondon MTS.  It was such a magor focus on the MCSD distributed exam that I
had expected it to last for years to come.  Oh well, back to the books once
again:)
Bill

I don't think you need it, and it's probably not recommended,
since you now can use COM+ instead, which is included in win2000
and it is like "MTS 2000".

--

    Can anyone lead me in the right direction for getting MTS for windows
2000 Pro?  I suppose I will need personal web server as well, am I right in
that?  Thanks.
Bill B

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 04:26:25 GMT

1. WIN 2k API vs WIN 98/WIN NT API - Help needed

2. Access 2K with Win 2K

3. Win 2k & Win ME

4. HELP: Wininet.dll problem (Win NT4 vs Win 2k)

5. Wierd IE Crash using XP and ME but not 2k pro

6. Help with IIS on 2K Pro

7. Access 97 running (?) on Win 2K Adv Server

8. Outlook 2K - macros won't work unless VBA environment is opened

9. error with CDOSYS on win 2k

10. problem with a VB app not disposing in Win 2k

11. Win 2K or ME

12. msde.dll / msderun.dll as isolated components in win 2K