ADO 2.5 or ADO 2.6
Author Message
 ADO 2.5 or ADO 2.6

Why should you upgrade to using ADO 2.6?

The new MDAC does not come with jet anymore, is this a step from Microsoft
to try to make us move from jet to some other database engine?

There is more in this world than mega sized database servers. Jet is an
great small database engine I always loved.

What in ADO 2.6 is so great compared to the 2.5 release?

And what about ADO all togheter, with ADO+ making its way into the .NET.

Is ADO 2.6 the last upgrade, is the next step ADO+.

And one more though, is jet 4 the last version to come..

Tord

Mon, 21 Jul 2003 20:34:26 GMT
 ADO 2.5 or ADO 2.6
Look in the MSDN library for the topic "What's new in ADO" in the ADO
documentation, under Data Services in the Platform SDK. This will provide a
complete list of what they've added in terms of features since 2.5.

Quote:
> Why should you upgrade to using ADO 2.6?

> The new MDAC does not come with jet anymore, is this a step from Microsoft
> to try to make us move from jet to some other database engine?

> There is more in this world than mega sized database servers. Jet is an
> great small database engine I always loved.

> What in ADO 2.6 is so great compared to the 2.5 release?

> And what about ADO all togheter, with ADO+ making its way into the .NET.

> Is ADO 2.6 the last upgrade, is the next step ADO+.

> And one more though, is jet 4 the last version to come..

> Tord

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 02:15:40 GMT

1. ADO 2.5 or 2.6

2. ADO 2.5 , 2.6 books and resources

3. ado 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 2.6

4. ADO 2.5 or 2.6

5. Does ADO 2.5 or up backward compatible with ADO 2.1

6. ADO 2.5 and ADO 2.1 compatibility

7. Upgrading from ADO 2.1 to ADO 2.5

8. ADO Data Control conflicts with ADO 2.5 Library

9. Where is MDAC 2.5 SDK (ADO 2.5)

10. ADO 2.5 bugs(?) and ADOX 2.5

11. Service Pack 5 and MDAC 2.5 vs 2.6

12. Install MDAC 2.5 over MDAC 2.6