ADO could not find the specified driver
Author Message
 ADO could not find the specified driver

Hi,
My s/w is designed in win98 OS. I used package & deployment tool in VB to
package it. My prog. is using ado's & bound control, therefore I provided
connection string and database name in the properties window. Under
form_load I used the app.path to redefine the connection string.  When I
install my s/w in WinNT my prog. starts up ok, but when I open a form that
uses an adodc, I get the following error" ADO could not find the specified
driver".  What am I doing wrong?
Your help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Sun, 02 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO could not find the specified driver
Are you with the same version of mdac between w 98 and nt 4 ?

Quote:
> Hi,
> My s/w is designed in win98 OS. I used package & deployment tool in VB to
> package it. My prog. is using ado's & bound control, therefore I provided
> connection string and database name in the properties window. Under
> form_load I used the app.path to redefine the connection string.  When I
> install my s/w in WinNT my prog. starts up ok, but when I open a form that
> uses an adodc, I get the following error" ADO could not find the specified
> driver".  What am I doing wrong?
> Your help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Wed, 05 Feb 2003 08:45:29 GMT
 ADO could not find the specified driver

Hi,
Sorry, it took long time to reply, I was away, but the problem is still there.
mdac_type.exe is included in the package & deployment, so I assume installation runs the same version in NT & Wind9X.
I'm using Access97 to create my dbase, so I installed Access97 on this NT machine, than installed my s/w, and it worked perfectly.  Than I uninstalled Access97 from NT, and still run perfectly.  I think Access 97 installed some dll files which was newer or older than what the packaging installed, or may be was never included.  How do I find out what files I was missing?  I used depend tool  that comes with VB to find out which .dll's my executable needs, and I have them both in NT and Win98.
Thanks in advance for your respond.
Cheers,

* Sent from Devdex.com http://www.devdex.com The Web Developers Index *
The world's largest index site for web developers.

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO could not find the specified driver
Double Check that MDAC Version. I know that when my P&D package is
created it did indeed include the MDAC_TYP.EXE but it was the wrong
version. The system had 2.1 and I had installed 2.5 to develope on. I
had to put the MDAC_TYP (2.5) in the appropriate folder and recreate
the setup files.
Hope this helps.

Curt

Quote:

> Hi,
> Sorry, it took long time to reply, I was away, but the problem is=
>  still there.
> mdac_type.exe is included in the package & deployment, so I=
>  assume installation runs the same version in NT & Wind9X.
> I'm using Access97 to create my dbase, so I installed Access97 on=
>  this NT machine, than installed my s/w, and it worked perfectly.=
>   Than I uninstalled Access97 from NT, and still run perfectly. =
>  I think Access 97 installed some dll files which was newer or=
>  older than what the packaging installed, or may be was never=
>  included.  How do I find out what files I was missing?  I used=
>  depend tool  that comes with VB to find out which .dll's my=
>  executable needs, and I have them both in NT and Win98.
> Thanks in advance for your respond.
> Cheers,

> * Sent from Devdex.com http://www.devdex.com The Web Developers=
> The world's largest index site for web developers.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. [ODC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

2. [ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

3. Data Source Name not found and no default driver specified error

4. Error: ADO could not find specified provider

5. ADO could not find the specified provider

6. ADO could not find the specified provider??????

7. Ado Could not find the specified provider?

8. ADO Could not find the specified provider

9. ADO could not find the specified provider Error!

10. ADO Could not find the specified provider...?

11. error 3706: ADO could not find the specified provider

12. ADO could not find the specified provider?