Is it possible to create connection to Access DB on web server?
Author Message
 Is it possible to create connection to Access DB on web server?

Is it possible to create connection to Access DB on web server?
'
T: Riku
--

Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:48:33 GMT
 Is it possible to create connection to Access DB on web server?

If you use IIS and program your web in ASP then you could use ADO to connect
to the Access db.

There are a lot of other opportunities so if you need more info the please
be more specific.

/Kasper

Quote:
> Is it possible to create connection to Access DB on web server?
> '
> T: Riku
> --

Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:25:52 GMT
 Is it possible to create connection to Access DB on web server?

Quote:
> Is it possible to create connection to Access DB on web server?

Riku,
From a client machine, then you need to use the MS Remote Provider
http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm#MSRemoteAccess
But this requires that the RDS DataFactory be installed and setup
correctly on the remote server.

On the server, then you can use ODBC or OLE DB directly
http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm#ODBCDriverForAccess
http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm#OLEDBProviderForMicrosoftJet

--

Thanks,
Carl Prothman

Sat, 27 Dec 2003 23:21:20 GMT

1. ADO Connection to Web Server - Is This Possible?

2. connection to MS Access DB on server from Client

3. MS Access DB on Web Server.

4. How do I access a DB on a hosted web server

5. Connection String to Access Database on Web Server from VB

6. Personal Web Server, an access db, visual basic, and the internet

7. ActiveX documents, access DB, and UNIX web servers

8. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB

9. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB

10. Create a db access db with password

11. Create a db access db with password

12. SQL Server connections not closing when Access connection also open