find record?
Author Message
 find record?

I have a from which allows the user to update all the information pertaining
to a project.  On the form is a "Project Manager" field which the user can
fill in via a picklist or manually typing in the employee number of the
individual.  If the user manually types in the employee number, I want to
search the personnel table to see if the employee number entered is a valid
number.  If the number is valid, then I want to use that found record for
other criteria... Does this person have the proper level to be a project
manager?  Is their account active?, etc.  All that information is in the
personnel table.

How do I "Find" the record of the employee number entered on the form by the
user???

The name of the field on the form is txtManager
The personnel table is keyed on the employee id field.

TYIA,
Jack

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 02:07:16 GMT
 find record?
Howdo,

Well if you want to do it via SQL it is very easy eg.
"SELECT * FROM personal_table WHERE personel_number = " & txtManager
If you want to search thru a rs then u use the rs.find methode.

Cheers.
Maartin.

Quote:
> I have a from which allows the user to update all the information
pertaining
> to a project.  On the form is a "Project Manager" field which the user can
> fill in via a picklist or manually typing in the employee number of the
> individual.  If the user manually types in the employee number, I want to
> search the personnel table to see if the employee number entered is a
valid
> number.  If the number is valid, then I want to use that found record for
> other criteria... Does this person have the proper level to be a project
> manager?  Is their account active?, etc.  All that information is in the
> personnel table.

> How do I "Find" the record of the employee number entered on the form by
the
> user???

> The name of the field on the form is txtManager
> The personnel table is keyed on the employee id field.

> TYIA,
> Jack

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 03:38:01 GMT

1. Recordsets Finding Records and Updating Records

2. Finding Records and Updating Records in More than one Recordsets

3. COMBO BOX /FIND RECORD HELP!

4. code for finding record in table from form.

5. Find record with "greatest" date

6. Run-time error 3077 - Find Records Combo Box

7. find record

8. Access can't find records!

9. Searching/Finding Records

10. find records

11. Query can't find records

12. time as a criteria in finding records