IRowsetIndex Support in Visual FoxPro OleDB driver
Author Message
 IRowsetIndex Support in Visual FoxPro OleDB driver

Hello,

FoxPro 7 will include a new OleDB driver for FoxPro tables. Will this
driver support IRowsetIndex (hence Recordset.Seek) for CDF-indexed DBF
tables? The Beta 1 driver seems NOT to support this interface.

I would like to find the last index value before a given value in a
large CDF-indexed DBF table.

I currently use DAO 3.5 to access the tables. By opening the tables
directly (not through Access linked tables), the DAO Recordsets
support Seek (and the performance is nearly as good as Clipper!). It
seems DAO 3.6 does not support CDF-indexed DBF tables except through
ODBC. (This is related to the loss of FoxPro support in Jet 4.0.)

I would like to use ADO to access the data. The OleDB driver for ODBC
does not support IRowsetIndex, hence Recordset.Seek. No OleDB Driver
for Jet supports the FoxPro IISAM for access to CDF-indexed DBF tables
as well as the Seek functionality. The ODBC driver for Visual FoxPro
does not optimise my query (find last record in index before a given
value) to use the index in the best possible way. Thus the performance
is rather terrible using ODBC for this access pattern.

The ClearStream OleDB Driver supports IRowsetIndex (i.e. Seek) but is
expensive. I would prefer to use a freely redistibutable, Microsoft
supported driver.

Will the new Visual FoxPro OleDB driver support IRowsetIndex, hence
Seek? When will it be available? Will it be available separate from
the Visual FoxPro product? Are there any other suggestions for ADO
access to my data?

Govert

Thu, 06 Nov 2003 05:01:09 GMT

1. Unable to connect using Visual FoxPro driver when quote is in path

2. [ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver]Invalid argument value

3. Need help creating Fox 2.5 table via MS Visual FoxPro ODBC driver

4. [ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver]SQL: Statement too long.

5. [ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver]Invalid argument value

6. ODBC driver error with Visual Foxpro Version 9

7. is crystal report support Visual foxpro?

8. How to use OLEDB to access FoxPro 2.6 database? Does OLEDB has Provider for FoxPro?

9. NEED FOXPRO/VISUAL FOXPRO PROGRAMMER!!!!

10. OLEDB Privider for Foxpro?

11. OleDB Provider for Foxpro???

12. oledb: foxpro index file not updating after inserts and updates