ADO Properties don't Work! Help
Author Message
 ADO Properties don't Work! Help

Guys,

I have VB6.0 (sp3), Office 2000 and IE5.0 installed. my problem is: when I
go into the properties of an 'adodc' control in VB, some of the functions do
not work. i.e. the connection string 'Build' button does nothing as does the
data link 'Browse' button. when i select a DSN, I can change properties like
UID etc. However, when I select '2-adcmdtable' in the recordsource command
type, I get a blank 'Table' combo box. This happens with any type of DB I
try to connect to.

If this question has been asked and answered already, then, my apologies.
any help is much appreciated..

Martin.

Mon, 11 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO Properties don't Work! Help
Update to ADO 2.5
It may help
Marcos

Quote:
> Guys,

> I have VB6.0 (sp3), Office 2000 and IE5.0 installed. my problem is: when I
> go into the properties of an 'adodc' control in VB, some of the functions
do
> not work. i.e. the connection string 'Build' button does nothing as does
the
> data link 'Browse' button. when i select a DSN, I can change properties
like
> UID etc. However, when I select '2-adcmdtable' in the recordsource command
> type, I get a blank 'Table' combo box. This happens with any type of DB I
> try to connect to.

> If this question has been asked and answered already, then, my apologies.
> any help is much appreciated..

> Martin.

Mon, 11 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: BorderStyle property don't work for subclassed Edit control

2. .recordcount and .absoluteposition properties don't work

3. Property Gets don't work in an RDS object

4. MovePrevious don't work but the MoveNext work's fine

5. Queries in Access don't work in ADO

6. ADO transactions don't work (BeginTrans, CommitTrans, RollbackTrans)

7. ADO Data Controls don't work

8. I've programmed a game that don't work Help

9. Object Properties don't see in properties Window

10. Script works, script don't work

11. Help? QueryDef parameters don't work

12. Help files don't work after running procedure