Link multiple datagrids to a single record (Master\Detail Form with multiple details)
Author Message
 Link multiple datagrids to a single record (Master\Detail Form with multiple details)

I don't know if this can be done but if someone could point me in the right
direction it would be appreciated:

I have several tables that track history information and are all linked to a
single record in a master table.

Using ADO can I link several datagrids to a single record in a recordset and
then scroll through those records and the datagrids update accordingly?
(Similar to a Master\Detail Form but with multiple details)

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 05:19:41 GMT
 Link multiple datagrids to a single record (Master\Detail Form with multiple details)

For a quick start, I'd probably let the VB6 Data Form Wizard (assuming
you're talking VB) create a master/detail form for me, then simply copy and
adapt the "detail" pieces as necessary for multiple detail recordsets and
datagrids.

-Doug

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 06:44:38 GMT
 Link multiple datagrids to a single record (Master\Detail Form with multiple details)
Yes, it can be done.  Use the ADO Shape command to create your hierarchy
(extend the Shape syntax in the master\detail form to tie the single Master
to multiple details)

HTH

Nelson

Quote:
> I don't know if this can be done but if someone could point me in the
right
> direction it would be appreciated:

> I have several tables that track history information and are all linked to
> single record in a master table.

> Using ADO can I link several datagrids to a single record in a recordset
and
> then scroll through those records and the datagrids update accordingly?
> (Similar to a Master\Detail Form but with multiple details)

Tue, 21 Dec 2004 01:15:07 GMT
 Link multiple datagrids to a single record (Master\Detail Form with multiple details)
If you need help with the ADO Shape syntax try this link

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q189657

It provides some examples to help you get started.

Nelson

Quote:
> Yes, it can be done.  Use the ADO Shape command to create your hierarchy
> (extend the Shape syntax in the master\detail form to tie the single
Master
> to multiple details)

> HTH

> Nelson

> > I don't know if this can be done but if someone could point me in the
> right
> > direction it would be appreciated:

> > I have several tables that track history information and are all linked
> > single record in a master table.

> > Using ADO can I link several datagrids to a single record in a recordset
> and
> > then scroll through those records and the datagrids update accordingly?
> > (Similar to a Master\Detail Form but with multiple details)

Tue, 21 Dec 2004 01:18:25 GMT

1. Master-Detail with 2 seperate detail sections per master record, CR.NET

2. Acc97 - Merging Multiple Records into a Single Record

3. Module-level multiple-record recordset vs temp single-record recordset

4. Module-level multiple-record recordset vs temp single-record recordset

5. VB6 ADO and Multiple Records/Single Records

6. DataRepeater VS Master Detail form - Problem linking Parent-Child

7. master/detail datagrid form

8. How to pass single, multiple or null parameter value(s) to multiple queries

9. Linking multiple Access backends with a single front end

10. Help Multiple Records In Details Section?

11. Printing an invoice with multiple detail records.

12. Linking to multiple tables in multiple databases