Crystal Reports - No default driver specified???
Author Message
 Crystal Reports - No default driver specified???

I'm not sure if I'm in the right group, but here goes.

I can successfully connect to my database using the following:

gdb.Open "PROVIDER=MSDASQL;driver={IBM DB2 ODBC
DRIVER};LONGDATACOMPAT=1;patch1=1024;patch2=6;server=servername;dbalias=
SAMPLE;uid=ADMIN;pwd=ADMIN"

However, when I try to connect to the same database using Crystal
Reports (RDC) I get the error message:

'Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers:
 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
default driver specified'

Is there a way to specify a default driver?

Crystal steps me through a series of forms where I type in my connect
string; click 'Next'; type in login/pwd; click 'Next'; choose from a
list of tables/views or type SQL; click 'Finish'.  I know that Crystal
is connecting to my Db because it gives me a dropdown with table/view
names.  When I click 'Finish', it bombs.

Please help!

Thanks,
Joe

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports - No default driver specified???
Crystal Reports does not do OLE DB. Give Crystal a proper ODBC string
and you will have more luck

Quote:

>I'm not sure if I'm in the right group, but here goes.

>I can successfully connect to my database using the following:

>gdb.Open "PROVIDER=MSDASQL;driver={IBM DB2 ODBC
>DRIVER};LONGDATACOMPAT=1;patch1=1024;patch2=6;server=servername;dbalias=
>SAMPLE;uid=ADMIN;pwd=ADMIN"

>However, when I try to connect to the same database using Crystal
>Reports (RDC) I get the error message:

>'Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers:
> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
>default driver specified'

>Is there a way to specify a default driver?

>Crystal steps me through a series of forms where I type in my connect
>string; click 'Next'; type in login/pwd; click 'Next'; choose from a
>list of tables/views or type SQL; click 'Finish'.  I know that Crystal
>is connecting to my Db because it gives me a dropdown with table/view
>names.  When I click 'Finish', it bombs.

>Please help!

>Thanks,
>Joe

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports - No default driver specified???
CR 7 does handle OLE DB

Quote:
> Crystal reports does not do OLE DB. Give Crystal a proper ODBC string
> and you will have more luck

> >I'm not sure if I'm in the right group, but here goes.

> >I can successfully connect to my database using the following:

> >gdb.Open "PROVIDER=MSDASQL;driver={IBM DB2 ODBC
> >DRIVER};LONGDATACOMPAT=1;patch1=1024;patch2=6;server=servername;dbalias=
> >SAMPLE;uid=ADMIN;pwd=ADMIN"

> >However, when I try to connect to the same database using Crystal
> >Reports (RDC) I get the error message:

> >'Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers:
> > [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
> >default driver specified'

> >Is there a way to specify a default driver?

> >Crystal steps me through a series of forms where I type in my connect
> >string; click 'Next'; type in login/pwd; click 'Next'; choose from a
> >list of tables/views or type SQL; click 'Finish'.  I know that Crystal
> >is connecting to my Db because it gives me a dropdown with table/view
> >names.  When I click 'Finish', it bombs.

> >Please help!

> >Thanks,
> >Joe

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Mon, 15 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. [ODC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

2. [ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

3. Data Source Name not found and no default driver specified error

4. Crystal Reports ANd VB 6.0 Printing reports using CRPEAUTO Object, specifying paper orientation problem

5. Crystal Report Designer doesn't start in VS.NET (specified module could not be found)

6. Crystal Reports specify any db for PE engine?

7. Specifying Print Pages in Crystal Reports

8. Crystal Report - HP printer driver - Windows ME

9. Crystal Reports Active Data Driver (field definition file)

10. HELP: Crystal Reports and Printer Drivers under Win NT

11. Crystal Reports 7.0 Distribution with the Oracle direct driver problem

12. Win95 generic/text-only driver with Crystal Reports 5.0