Help To Connect To Sybase DB
Author Message
 Help To Connect To Sybase DB

I need to connect to a Sybase DB, but I'm not sure of the driver I need to use.
I'm using the following code snipet:

Public Sub Connect()

    Dim strConnect As String
    Dim ConnectionInfo As Object
    Dim cnCCard As ADODB.Connection

On Error GoTo ERR_Connect

    strConnect = "driver={Sybase System
11};server=10.120.21.201;database=facetsconvert;uid=xxx; pwd=xxx;"

    Set cnCCard = New Connection

    Call cnCCard.Open(strConnect)

The error I'm getting back from the server is 'Insufficient Information To
Connect To The DataSource'.  I'm assuming that means my 'driver={Sybase System
11' statement is wrong.  Can anyone help me out and/or show me what I'm doing
wrong?

Mon, 13 Oct 2003 00:17:26 GMT
 Help To Connect To Sybase DB
This is what ours looks like

    Dim strConnect As String

    On Error GoTo ConnectAlpsDatabase_ERROR

    ' assign User Id variable used throughout app
    gstrUserId = strParmUserId
    gstrPassword = strParmUserPw

    ' build the connection string with the above constants
    strConnect = vbNullString
    strConnect = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;"
    strConnect = strConnect + "DRIVER={Sybase System 11};"
'    this is the database name that has an IP address via an INI file
    strConnect = strConnect + "SRVR=CSNT14;"
'    database name "ALPS"
   strConnect = strConnect +  "DB=ALPS;"

    Set mconAlps = New ADODB.Connection

    ' open the connection
    With mconAlps
        .Open strConnect, gstrUserId, strParmUserPw
    End With

I need to connect to a Sybase DB, but I'm not sure of the driver I need to
use.
I'm using the following code snipet:

Public Sub Connect()

    Dim strConnect As String
    Dim ConnectionInfo As Object
    Dim cnCCard As ADODB.Connection

On Error GoTo ERR_Connect

    strConnect = "driver={Sybase System
11};server=10.120.21.201;database=facetsconvert;uid=xxx; pwd=xxx;"

    Set cnCCard = New Connection

    Call cnCCard.Open(strConnect)

The error I'm getting back from the server is 'Insufficient Information To
Connect To The DataSource'.  I'm assuming that means my 'driver={Sybase
System
11' statement is wrong.  Can anyone help me out and/or show me what I'm
doing
wrong?

Sun, 09 Nov 2003 22:17:26 GMT

1. Help To Connect To Sybase DB

2. Help connecting Sybase DB with VB5

3. Ado2.0 Fails to connect to Sybase DB

4. MS Employees - Ole db Connect Timeout=0 does not work for Sybase

5. Help: Connecting VB4 to Sybase SQL Server on NT

6. HELP-Crash when trying to connect to Sybase with VB5

7. Having to use ASP with Sybase DB--Help!

8. Copying DB over existing DB connected to DataEnvironment

9. How can I distribute Sybase ASE OLE DB Data Source and Sybase OLE DB Provider?

10. Help, plz, problems connecting to db second time

11. VB4 - Connecting to Oracle DB - Help please