Data Environment ??
Author Message
 Data Environment ??

I have just discovered the Data Environment Designer and thought it was pretty
cool, but my app runs a bit slower now when it has to run a query.  Is it just me
or is coding out your Command and Recordset objects better than the DE
Designer??  It seems like a neat concept, but my queries, both select and update,
take a few extra seconds to run than did my original code.  I am running both
stored procs and raw SQL through my commands...

Would like to hear of any others experiences with the DE Designer...

Thanks... CRD

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 10:04:55 GMT
 Data Environment ??
It's better to be in control, ie coding your own Command and Recordset
objects. I would only recommend DE for a quick and dirty demo. My
recommendation is to not use DE, it's slower and you lose control.

/Tommy

I have just discovered the Data Environment Designer and thought it was
pretty
cool, but my app runs a bit slower now when it has to run a query.  Is it
just me
or is coding out your Command and Recordset objects better than the DE
Designer??  It seems like a neat concept, but my queries, both select and
update,
take a few extra seconds to run than did my original code.  I am running
both
stored procs and raw SQL through my commands...

Would like to hear of any others experiences with the DE Designer...

Thanks... CRD

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 00:35:19 GMT

1. Data Environment / Data Report Problem

2. Data environment problems - refreshing data

3. Showing parameters pass to data environment in data report header

4. Help! Data Report without Data Environment

5. data report / data environment designers

6. Data Environment / Data Report / Changing database file at run time

7. VB6 Data Environment & Data Report

8. closing ADO data controls and data environment connections

9. Problem with Data Environment and Data Report

10. How to show Data List with data environment

11. help - data environment and data reports

12. Data Environment / Data Report Problem