Question about AddNew!!
Author Message
 Question about AddNew!!

Hi I would like to know what is the best way to insert records in a table
when this table contains already a large number of records
I mean, let's consider we have a table that contains 100,000 records and i
want to insert a record into it.
what is the best way to do this:
open the recordset like this
rs.open tablename,connection, .....

or rs.open "Select * from table where (a condition that returns me an empty
recordset),connection

or there is other better ways

Please if somebody can give me some recommendation it will be very helpfull
for me
Thank you
Hrair K.

Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:38:39 GMT
 Question about AddNew!!
Create a connection object and do

objCon.execute "insert into mytable (myfields) values (myvalues)"

Quote:
> Hi I would like to know what is the best way to insert records in a table
> when this table contains already a large number of records
> I mean, let's consider we have a table that contains 100,000 records and i
> want to insert a record into it.
> what is the best way to do this:
> open the recordset like this
> rs.open tablename,connection, .....

> or rs.open "Select * from table where (a condition that returns me an
empty
> recordset),connection

> or there is other better ways

> Please if somebody can give me some recommendation it will be very
helpfull
> for me
> Thank you
> Hrair K.

Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:22:09 GMT

1. Question on .addnew

2. Addnew Doesn't Addnew!

3. Addnew() method question?????

4. Beginner's AddNew Question

5. Recordset, AddNew and Bookmark Questions

6. Addnew/Movelast Question

7. AddNew Question

8. Recordset, AddNew and Bookmark Questions

9. Control array and recordset 'AddNew' question

10. data control and AddNew Question

11. data control and addnew question

12. .AddNew (database question)