ADO Library vs. ADO Recordset Library
Author Message
 ADO Library vs. ADO Recordset Library

Sun, 01 Feb 2004 05:19:57 GMT
 ADO Library vs. ADO Recordset Library
Can anyone please tell me the difference between the ADO Library and the ADO
Recordset Library? (VB6 ActiveX data controls...)

Sun, 01 Feb 2004 05:22:08 GMT
 ADO Library vs. ADO Recordset Library
Hi,

As I know this library just works with Recordset object of
ADO. I does not have other objects like Connection etc. It
is same Recordset object which you have in ADO

Val.

Quote:

Sun, 01 Feb 2004 05:37:16 GMT
 ADO Library vs. ADO Recordset Library
Quote:

> Can anyone please tell me the difference between the ADO Library and the ADO
> Recordset Library? (VB6 ActiveX data controls...)

Brian,
For MDAC 1.5 and earlier, the answer was:

"The ADODB Library contains additional server side objects (Connection, Command, Error, Parameters,
and so forth). These are best used within server side components to communicate with the database.
The ADOR Library is a lighter weight client that allows the manipulation of an existing recordset
on the client. It does not include the Connection, Command, Error, or Parameters commands. The ADOR
functionality is distributed with the ADO client components."

However, for MDAC 2.x, the answer is:

"Originally, ADOR was designed to be a standalone component. However, as ADO has evolved in design
and use, this is no longer ADOR's purpose. ADOR is now only a sub to the MSADO15.DLL and exists
only to maintain backward compatibility."
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q216/3/89.ASP

--

Thanks,
Carl Prothman

Sun, 01 Feb 2004 05:54:21 GMT

1. ado recordset library

2. ADO Data Control conflicts with ADO 2.5 Library

3. Recordset vs. ADO Recordset

4. ADO libraries

5. ADO 2.1 Library conflicts with ADODC control

6. ADO and Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.0 Library

7. Reference inside VB of ADO Library

8. ADO 2.0 to 2.1 library

9. Referencing ADO & DAO libraries programmatically and concurrently

10. RDO connection stops working after installing ADO libraries

11. How do you create a Library List for AS/400 ADO Connection

12. problem in using ADO library