calling parameter query from a parameter query
Author Message
 calling parameter query from a parameter query

Hello,
  This is realy an SQL question.  I have a Acces SQL query
which takes a string parameter which gets a unique record
several fields.  One of those fields is numeric and i want
to take that value and call another query which will take
that nmeric value.

The problem is the prompt for the second query keeps
coming up asking for the numeric value.
How can I make it so, through SQL, so that paramter is
populated with the numeric value filed form the 1st querry.

The query called Mon_Paras takes a number, which I want to
be Mons.MNum but I can't figure it out.
The SQL for Mon_Paras is a big, messy thing with many Left
joins and I'd perfer not to write one single query.
The Access SQL

PARAMETERS MName Text;
SELECT Mons.*, Mons_Paras.*
FROM Mons, Mons_Paras
WHERE (((Mons.[Minor Name])=[MName]));

mike

Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:04:03 GMT

1. Filling a Parameter through Code (Parameter Query)

2. Using Parameters from VBA Code in a Parameter Query Export

3. parameter query in VBA when parameter not a field

4. Using Parameter Queries with Optional Parameters

5. Parameter query w/ parameter specifying field name?

6. Help needed: Setting parameters in parameter queries

7. Help needed: Setting parameters in parameter queries

8. passing parameter to a parameter query

9. Passing Parameters to stored parameter queries using VB 5's Data Controls

10. Executing Parameter Query with 2 parameters

11. Qction queries and Query Parameters

12. error 3001 - parameter query with function call (bug?)