Updating recordset fields using non-bound controls
Author Message
 Updating recordset fields using non-bound controls

I'm using unbound controls to update my recordset.  I load the controls on
form load.  Most of the reading I have done suggests updating the field on
control_change.  That works well except on date fields, as the user types
the data is not valid until the date is complete.  Has anyone come up with a
clean solution for this?  I can think of ways to handle this but they all
seem bulky and am looking for recommended ways to do or NOT to do.

Thanks!
Heather

P.S. Excuse some of these questions that might un-necessary...I am the only
developer here so there is no-one to bounce ideas off of!

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 00:18:34 GMT
 Updating recordset fields using non-bound controls
Maybe the IsDate Function might help you to validate whether the value is
valid before updating the recordset

Quote:
> I'm using unbound controls to update my recordset.  I load the controls on
> form load.  Most of the reading I have done suggests updating the field on
> control_change.  That works well except on date fields, as the user types
> the data is not valid until the date is complete.  Has anyone come up with
> clean solution for this?  I can think of ways to handle this but they all
> seem bulky and am looking for recommended ways to do or NOT to do.

> Thanks!
> Heather

> P.S. Excuse some of these questions that might un-necessary...I am the
only
> developer here so there is no-one to bounce ideas off of!

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:11:09 GMT

1. Bound controls not updating ADO with adodc.recordset.update command

2. Filtering ADO Recordset on Date Field using NON-US Locale

3. Data-Bound Vs. Non-Data-Bound Controls

4. Data-Bound Vs. Non-Data-Bound Controls

5. Data-Bound Vs. Non-Data-Bound Controls

6. Bound Control not updating underlying recordset when clicking close button

7. Update a Bound field with data from unbound field

8. Update a field in each record of a table using a recordset

9. How to update a field with the recordset using a string variable

10. Finding a record in a Bound recordset (bound using the DataEnvironment)

11. Finding a record in a Bound recordset (bound using the DataEnvironment)

12. Updating bound controls on a form using DAO