MSDE Database Backup jobs
Author Message
 MSDE Database Backup jobs

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I've only been working with
MSDE for a short while, and have never had much experience with SQL servers.
I am aware that SQL servers have backup jobs, but how this is handled is a
bit of a mystery to me.

If it's handled by the SQL engine itself, does MSDE have the capability to
have backup jobs of the databases?

If so, can these jobs be created via VB?

I don't want to create a VB program to backup a database manually if the
MSDE engine can handle scheduled backs on its own.

I've been searching the support sites for more information on this, but so
far I've turned up nothing.  Still continuing my search.

Thanks in advance.

John

Mon, 26 Apr 2004 03:46:40 GMT

1. How to backup MSDE database ?

2. Backup/Restore of MSDE through VB

3. MSDE backup

4. Backup w/MSDE

5. JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS !!!!!!

6. MSDE, Can't edit data using MSDE

7. How to ... System Backup/Restore, Backup utilities

8. How to ... System Backup/Restore, Backup utilities

9. NT Backup / Systemstate backup error

10. Make Database Backup from GUI

11. Trying to backup a database from front end w/ FileCopy

12. Automatic Backup of Database