Connection to SQL server
Author Message
 Connection to SQL server

Hi,

Help, anyone, as this problem occur only with some of our remote users. We
have a VB6 frontend with a connection string connecting to our SQL server
for updates . Remote users use the internet. Everything worked well until
recently when some users get the "server is unavailable" message. The same
users get the same message even if we tried with a different server, even
when the client program is reinstalled. It looked like it has been blocked
but there is no firewall on those PCs and they are not networked, Any ideas.
Thank you.

Francis

Mon, 09 May 2005 05:48:21 GMT
 Connection to SQL server
they're not networked? no wonder they can't find the remote machine!

would you like to re-phrase your question?

I got bored with my old signature,
so I changed it

Atrax. MVP, IIS
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

Mon, 09 May 2005 11:14:28 GMT
 Connection to SQL server

Sorry for the ambiguity. The client notebooks/pc are standalone machines
which connects remotely to our server via the internet.

Floh

Mon, 09 May 2005 15:00:29 GMT
 Connection to SQL server
What connection string are you using
Quote:

> Hi,

> Help, anyone, as this problem occur only with some of our remote users. We
> have a VB6 frontend with a connection string connecting to our SQL server
> for updates . Remote users use the internet. Everything worked well until
> recently when some users get the "server is unavailable" message. The same
> users get the same message even if we tried with a different server, even
> when the client program is reinstalled. It looked like it has been blocked
> but there is no firewall on those PCs and they are not networked, Any ideas.
> Thank you.

> Francis

Mon, 09 May 2005 15:25:17 GMT
 Connection to SQL server
Hi,

Are you able to connect to SQL Server from Query Analyzer?

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> Hi,

> Help, anyone, as this problem occur only with some of our remote users. We
> have a VB6 frontend with a connection string connecting to our SQL server
> for updates . Remote users use the internet. Everything worked well until
> recently when some users get the "server is unavailable" message. The same
> users get the same message even if we tried with a different server, even
> when the client program is reinstalled. It looked like it has been blocked
> but there is no firewall on those PCs and they are not networked, Any
ideas.
> Thank you.

> Francis

Mon, 09 May 2005 21:12:03 GMT
 Connection to SQL server

Yes, we can.

Francis

Tue, 10 May 2005 10:33:08 GMT

1. Need Connection string for VB6 DAO DSN-LESS Connections to SQL Server 2000

2. Need Connection string for VB6 DAO DSN-LESS Connections to SQL Server 2000

3. DAO database connection to SQL Server

4. Re-Initialize Access7.0-ODBC-Connection to SQL-Server

5. ado connection to SQL Server 7.0

6. Connection with SQL-Server

7. Crystal Report - Error in connection to SQL - Server

8. Database connection with SQL server

9. Unable to create updateable connection to SQL Server

10. need odbc connection - no sql server

11. To many user connections with SQL Server 6.5

12. 16bit ODBC connection to SQL Server