Find/Open a Database from the Hard Drive
Author Message
 Find/Open a Database from the Hard Drive

I've been assigned to do a project. I need to:

Create an image list containing the open file, find, Sort Asending and
a sort desending key

 Add the toolbar and  bind the images and create the captions.

 When the application starts, only the "open" button should be
enabled.
 When the user clicks the open button, a common dialog box appears to
allow the user to select any Access database on the hard drive. The
dialog box should be filtered so only .mdb files appear.

After a database is chosen, the other controls appear,  the user
chooses a table name from the combo box and clicks the submit button.

The selected table's contents are then displayed in the data grid.

At this point the other buttons on the toolbar are enabled and the
user can sort the results in ascending or descending order.

In addition, they can highlight the contents of any field in the
datagrid, click the "find" button and the results will be filtered by
the selection.

The user can change tables at anytime and can choose a new database at
any time.

To load a new database, the controls are hidden until a database and
table are selected.

Can anyone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please

Tue, 17 May 2005 21:06:46 GMT
 Find/Open a Database from the Hard Drive
On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 13:06:46 GMT, Michele V. Patrick

Quote:

>I've been assigned to do a project. I need to:
>Can anyone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Please

VERSION 5.00
Begin VB.Form Form1
   Caption         =   "Form1"
   ClientHeight    =   3195
   ClientLeft      =   60
   ClientTop       =   345
   ClientWidth     =   4680
   LinkTopic       =   "Form1"
   ScaleHeight     =   3195
   ScaleWidth      =   4680
   StartUpPosition =   3  'Windows Default
   Begin VB.CommandButton Command1
      Caption         =   "NO!"
      Height          =   1215
      Left            =   825
      TabIndex        =   0
      Top             =   900
      Width           =   2640
   End
End
Attribute VB_Name = "Form1"
Attribute VB_GlobalNameSpace = False
Attribute VB_Creatable = False
Attribute VB_PredeclaredId = True
Attribute VB_Exposed = False

Wed, 18 May 2005 02:51:27 GMT

1. Find/Open a Database from the Hard Drive

2. Find/Open a Database from the Hard Drive

3. Insert records from a database in floppy drive to hard drive

4. Help needed reading database on CD and writing to database on hard drive

5. Find file on hard drive

6. HELP-- I NEED TO FIND A FILE ON THE HARD DRIVE

7. Need to Find out hard drive space

8. Finding a file o nthe hard drive

9. find all the users external hard drives

10. How to read the hard drives drive no.

11. Hard Drive Serial Number/Total Drive Size

12. Open a database on a network CD drive