DB Security
Author Message
 DB Security

Is the best solution to secure an Access DB that will be distributed is
having a wrkg security file.  Or just having a password set will work?

Thanks

Mon, 09 May 2005 02:35:31 GMT
 DB Security
None of them is "absolutely" safe if somebody has permission to read the
Access database file. You may consider integrate them with Windows NT
authetication, for example, put it in a security ahre folder, or consider
to upgrade to SQL server.

Luke

rights.)

Wed, 11 May 2005 21:54:26 GMT
 DB Security
Well this is distributed app and a standalone.  Right now I just have a
password.  Which is the safest?

Thanks

Quote:
> None of them is "absolutely" safe if somebody has permission to read the
> Access database file. You may consider integrate them with Windows NT
> authetication, for example, put it in a security ahre folder, or consider
> to upgrade to SQL server.

> Luke

> rights.)

Fri, 13 May 2005 04:21:41 GMT
 DB Security
It should be safe to common user,. However, There are some utilities from
hacker on internet which can crack  password from an Access database

Luke

rights.)

Fri, 13 May 2005 10:22:58 GMT
 DB Security
I understand that and was hoping that the security file would help.  I
understand what a security file helps when you want to have different types
of users having access but with different permissions.  Will a security file
help me in my situation over just having a password? One user with just read
permissions.

Thanks

Quote:
> It should be safe to common user,. However, There are some utilities from
> hacker on internet which can crack  password from an Access database

> Luke

> rights.)

Sat, 14 May 2005 01:00:59 GMT
 DB Security
A security should be better than a single password. Another suggestion is
update the database to Access 2000 or XP, this also can make it hard to
crack.

Luke

rights.)

Sat, 14 May 2005 20:28:26 GMT
 DB Security
It is Access 2000. And thanks for the reply.

Quote:
> A security should be better than a single password. Another suggestion is
> update the database to Access 2000 or XP, this also can make it hard to
> crack.

> Luke

> rights.)

Sun, 15 May 2005 00:13:07 GMT

1. Removing Db security

2. How secure is VB db security?

3. Altering Access 2.0 db security rights through VB ?

4. Access DB Security

5. DB Security in Access vs. VB

6. DB Security in VB4.0/DAO3.0 Win95

7. HELP: Access 2.0/VB3 db Security

8. NT User Accounts for dB security

9. Security - locked out of my DB

10. Any REAL security in Access DB?

11. How to use security Access2.0 db?

12. Security of VB4 DB - Is it better then old versions