When will MDAC 2.7 (and MSM) download be available? what version of MSXML is included? 
Author Message
 When will MDAC 2.7 (and MSM) download be available? what version of MSXML is included?

I am running Windows XP Professional.

Our application currently ships MDAC 2.6 (MDAC_TYP.EXE) with the setup
application (Windows Installer based);

When will MS release an MDAC_TYP.EXE for MDAC 2.7 (or has it already, with
Windows XP?).

_ALSO_

MDAC 2.6 included the 2.6 MSXML parser; MSXML3 is available separately; does
anybody know what version of MSXML is bundled with MDAC 2.7?

Thanks.

Alastair



Sat, 17 Apr 2004 04:55:46 GMT  
 When will MDAC 2.7 (and MSM) download be available? what version of MSXML is included?

Quote:
> When will MS release an MDAC_TYP.EXE for MDAC 2.7 (or has it already, with
> Windows XP?).

Alastair,
MDAC 2.7 RTM (2.70.7713.4) is now available for download from
http://www.microsoft.com/data/download.htm

This RTM release is the same version of MDAC that gets installed
by Microsoft Windows XP

Quote:

> MDAC 2.6 included the 2.6 MSXML parser; MSXML3 is available separately; does
> anybody know what version of MSXML is bundled with MDAC 2.7?

Based on the MDAC 2.7 Release Manifest, it looks like MSXML 3.0 SP2
(msxml3.dll  8.20.8730.1) is being installed.
http://www.microsoft.com/data/MDAC27info/en/readme.htm

--

Thanks,
Carl Prothman
Microsoft Visual Basic MVP
http://www.able-consulting.com



Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:06:25 GMT  
 When will MDAC 2.7 (and MSM) download be available? what version of MSXML is included?
Good timing!

Thanks I've got it. Now all microsoft have to do is release an MSM module to
enable it to be properly installed Windows Installer, and I'll die a happy
man!


Quote:

> > When will MS release an MDAC_TYP.EXE for MDAC 2.7 (or has it already,
with
> > Windows XP?).

> Alastair,
> MDAC 2.7 RTM (2.70.7713.4) is now available for download from
> http://www.microsoft.com/data/download.htm

> This RTM release is the same version of MDAC that gets installed
> by Microsoft Windows XP

> > MDAC 2.6 included the 2.6 MSXML parser; MSXML3 is available separately;
does
> > anybody know what version of MSXML is bundled with MDAC 2.7?

> Based on the MDAC 2.7 Release Manifest, it looks like MSXML 3.0 SP2
> (msxml3.dll  8.20.8730.1) is being installed.
> http://www.microsoft.com/data/MDAC27info/en/readme.htm

> --

> Thanks,
> Carl Prothman
> Microsoft Visual Basic MVP
> http://www.able-consulting.com



Sat, 17 Apr 2004 18:34:27 GMT  
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. MDAC 2.7 RTM is available for download

2. where from I download Mdac 2.7 ?

3. Does MDAC 2.7 Support RDO ?

4. MDAC 2.7 THAI

5. WinXP, MDAC 2.7 and Oracle8i connection issue

6. WISE MDAC 2.7

7. MDAC 2.7 silent install

8. Update all rows in a large database using Access 2002, MDAC 2.7, Jet 4.0

9. GUID problem in MDAC 2.7

10. MDAC 2.5 or 2.7

11. Upgrding to MDAC 2.7

12. MDAC 2.7

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software