Generating word document files from embedded documents in Access or SQL Server DB.
Author Message
 Generating word document files from embedded documents in Access or SQL Server DB.

My problem is :

I have an Access 2000 DB.
A table contains a field of type "OLE Data".
This field contains Microsoft Word's embedded documents.
What I want is to generate word documents for each of the record
programatically in VB. But not succeeded yet.
I also need to do it from SQL Server DB, as I have upsized my Access DB to
SQL Server and it is exported in an Image type of field. How can I generate
document files from this Access or SQL Server DB.

I tried to achieve it in 2 ways; first I tried:
Created a form, inserted a data control and an OLE control, bound it with
the required field.
When I run the VB program, it successfully opens the docudments from DB in
the control.
Then I tried to save the control data using "OLE1.SaveToFile" method to
generate a document.
It generated a document but unfortunately this document is not in the
correct MS Word format so not opening in Word.

and secondly I used Getchunk method but the result was same.

I hope you can understand my problem. I need a quick response. Thanks in
advance for help.

Zaki

Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:21:57 GMT
[...]

Fri, 05 Aug 2005 14:12:02 GMT
[...]

Fri, 05 Aug 2005 15:03:54 GMT

1. Getting embedded document file names from parent document

2. Embedding an Excel document into SQL Server

3. Embedding an Excel document into SQL Server Blob field

4. Saving an Embedded Word Document to an Access Database

5. Creating Embedded word documents from within Access using VBA

6. How do I use file functions on an embedded word document in VB 4.0

7. Creating Word documents from an Embedded OLE Word Template

8. Accessing XML document from a Word document

9. Display a VBD file from an ActiveX Document Server DLL in a HTML Document

10. Saving Word documents and Crystal reports as images in a SQL Server database

11. saving Word documents in SQL Server?

12. Cutting a full Word document and pasting it in another Word Document