.Filter for Nulls
Author Message
 .Filter for Nulls

I remember there being a MS knowledge base article on how to do this. I
can't find it anymore any one have the KB number or a sample of how this is
done?

I think I remember it as something like this:  rs.filter = "<fieldName>
STATE = null" but that doesn't seem to work... any other ideas?

Thanks!

James Hancock

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 03:52:04 GMT
 .Filter for Nulls
Hi,

With .Filter it work like

MyRecordset.Filter="MyField=Null"

Val

Quote:

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 04:02:58 GMT
 .Filter for Nulls
On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:52:04 -0500, "James Hancock"

I remember there being a MS knowledge base article on how to do this. I
can't find it anymore any one have the KB number or a sample of how this is
done?

I think I remember it as something like this:  rs.filter = "<fieldName>
STATE = null" but that doesn't seem to work... any other ideas?

Try "Is Null".

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 04:06:45 GMT
 .Filter for Nulls
Hi,

IS NULL is not working in case of Filter. Only = Null

Val

Quote:

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 04:20:45 GMT
 .Filter for Nulls

Hi,

IS NULL is not working in case of Filter. Only = Null

Val

Sure enough. That was sneaky of them. ;-)

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:29:32 GMT
 .Filter for Nulls
Yep, you can almost hear the wheels spining..."hmmmm, should we stick w/
standard SQL syntax here, or go with VB-ish??"

Oh the predicaments of a tools designer ;-)

Simon Taylor
Resource Data, Inc.

Quote:

> Hi,
>
> IS NULL is not working in case of Filter. Only = Null
>
> Val

> Sure enough. That was sneaky of them. ;-)

> Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Wed, 08 Sep 2004 09:25:32 GMT

1. Filter and null

2. Filter and Null

3. Check fot null-values in a find/filter of an ADO-recorset

4. Nulls in ADO Filters

5. Filter Recordset against Null?

6. filter recordset for Null value

7. Filter on IS NULL

8. How to filter nulls fields ?

9. Null Null Null!!!!!!!!!

10. Null, Null, Null!

11. double null question [2 * Null = Null] !!!

12. Filter by form - apply filter button required - Access 97