ADODB does not update Text files
Author Message
 ADODB does not update Text files

I am using the ADODB as shown below with character delimited text files and
it does allow to update or delete records. It only allows to add new
records.

Set cnnDB = New ADODB.Connection
cnnDB.Open ("MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=xyz")

It gives error

[Microsoft][ODBC Text Driver] Updating data in a linked table is not
supported by this ISAM.

Is there any workaround to this?????

Thanks,

Raj

Tue, 15 Jul 2003 01:43:28 GMT
 ADODB does not update Text files
You can check this...
Q262537 - HOWTO: Open Delimited Text Files Using the Jet Provider's Text
IIsam.
HTH! SR

Quote:
> I am using the ADODB as shown below with character delimited text files
and
> it does allow to update or delete records. It only allows to add new
> records.

> Set cnnDB = New ADODB.Connection
> cnnDB.Open ("MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=xyz")

> It gives error

> [Microsoft][ODBC Text Driver] Updating data in a linked table is not
> supported by this ISAM.

> Is there any workaround to this?????

> Thanks,

> Raj

Tue, 15 Jul 2003 06:51:32 GMT
 ADODB does not update Text files
Hi IIsam,

Thanks for your advice but I have already seen this article. All the
articles talk about OPENING the text file and reading it.

I need to update the text files. Any suggestions ????

Raj

Quote:
> You can check this...
> Q262537 - HOWTO: Open Delimited Text Files Using the Jet Provider's Text
> IIsam.
> HTH! SR

> > I am using the ADODB as shown below with character delimited text files
> and
> > it does allow to update or delete records. It only allows to add new
> > records.

> > Set cnnDB = New ADODB.Connection
> > cnnDB.Open ("MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=xyz")

> > It gives error

> > [Microsoft][ODBC Text Driver] Updating data in a linked table is not
> > supported by this ISAM.

> > Is there any workaround to this?????

> > Thanks,

> > Raj

Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:34:06 GMT
 ADODB does not update Text files
This is a fairly common question, and I have yet to see the answer.  Maybe
it is time to consider alternatives?
--
John Goodfellow
irtf'nm

Quote:
> I am using the ADODB as shown below with character delimited text files
and
> it does allow to update or delete records. It only allows to add new
> records.

> Set cnnDB = New ADODB.Connection
> cnnDB.Open ("MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=xyz")

> It gives error

> [Microsoft][ODBC Text Driver] Updating data in a linked table is not
> supported by this ISAM.

> Is there any workaround to this?????

> Thanks,

> Raj

Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:51:24 GMT

1. ADODB.Recordset.Update does not update?

2. Help: updating text file-Updating Data in a linked table not supported by this ISAM

3. adodb not getting update into sql

4. ADODB.Connection.Execute VS ADODB.Recordset.Update

5. not to auto update while doing addnew

6. Deleted recordd do not updated to the DB when reconnecting and doing updatebatch

7. not visible text box not updating database

8. CAB files not updating on client side when VBscript is updated

9. oledb: foxpro index file not updating after inserts and updates

10. ADODB to open CSV text file, APPEND FIELD

11. File or assembly name ADODB, or one of its dependencies, was not found

12. ADODB.Stream ---file not open ?