Show rptTextBox at head of report page
Author Message
 Show rptTextBox at head of report page

Hello!

I am trying to develop a data report which needs to show the name of person
at the head of the report. Now my problem is that this name is determined
from a MS Access database and to show the name I have to use a rptTextBox -
control. But as far as I discovered the rptTextBox - control can only be
placed in the detail -section and not in the report section. So how is it
possible to show the name at the head of the report?
Perhaps someone with more experience with the VB data designer can help me
out of this problem, because this is my first app generating data reports
out of data from a database.

Thanks in advance
Michael Braitmaier

student of software engineering
at the university of Stuttgart

Thu, 22 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Show rptTextBox at head of report page

You can use label everywhere in any sections. you can read value before
going to the preview and assign your labels and then perform the show method
of your report

rptFormation.Sections("sctTotaux").Controls("lblSalary").Caption = strSalary

sctTotaux represent the name of the section the control is in.

You also have a report title that you can use Right click on your mouse over
the section you want to add it. Select INSERT CONTROL and then choose REPORT
TITLE.

Luc Seguin

Wed, 28 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Show rptTextBox at head of report page

2. Heading to show first letter of surnames on page

3. Cross Tab Report Page Heading

4. Printing Group Heading in every page - Data Report

5. Report displayed using Crystal ActiveX viewer shows blank pages after scroll to last page

6. Vertical text in rptLabel and rptTextBox in VB6 Data Reports

7. q:Crystal reports multiple heading sections in one report

8. Crystal Report - Record not shown on the First Page

9. Document Map : code to show a given heading - level

10. New Page/Table heading

11. C & BASIC head to head etc

12. Newbie: How to place variables in Page Headed?