ADODB Connection String- Two Diff Examples - Two Diff Errors
Author Message
 ADODB Connection String- Two Diff Examples - Two Diff Errors

Using VB6, Win2000.  I have inherited a VB project that was designed in
Win95, VB6 and am having some connection issues with.  I am trying to
different connection strings, listed below are the strings & errors, any
help is greatly appreciated.

While using the 1st connection string:

set mconn = new adodb.connection
mconn.connectionstring = _
"Provider=MSDAORA;" & _
"data source=" & user1.userhsdInstance_str & ";" & _
"user id=" & user1.userhsdnm_str & ";" & _
"password=" & user1.userhsdps_str

ERROR Received:
ADODB.Recordset reported 3251.  Object or Provider is not capable of
performing requested operation.

While using the 2nd connection string:
set mconn = new adodb.connection
mconn.connectionstring = _
"driver={MICROSOFT ODBC FOR ORACLE};" & _
"SERVER=" & user1.userhsdInstance_str & ";" & _
"UID=" & user1.userhsdnm_str & ";" & _
"PWD=" & user1.userhsdps_str

ERROR Received:
Microsoft OLD DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Reported -2147217900.
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver for ORACLE][ORACLE] ORA-20003.

If anyone knows what the issue could be, please pass it along.

Again .. any help is greatly appreciated.

SW

Wed, 07 Jan 2004 00:20:43 GMT
 ADODB Connection String- Two Diff Examples - Two Diff Errors
Below are two URLs for searches on the Microsoft Knowledgbase. The
first presents possible solutions to the first error...the second URL
for the second error.

Hopefully, you'll be able to find an article among these that explain
your specific problem(s).

http://search.microsoft.com/us/SearchMS25.asp?so=RECCNT&qu=3251&qu=Ob...

http://search.microsoft.com/us/SearchMS25.asp?so=RECCNT&qu=-214721790...

Good luck!

Dian Chesney
Technical Consultant
& Microsoft MVP

More tips: http://www.mousetrax.com
Word MVP FAQs: http://www.mvps.org/word/index.html
MS newsgroups via browser: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups

Quote:

>Using VB6, Win2000.  I have inherited a VB project that was designed in
>Win95, VB6 and am having some connection issues with.  I am trying to
>different connection strings, listed below are the strings & errors, any
>help is greatly appreciated.

>While using the 1st connection string:

>set mconn = new adodb.connection
>mconn.connectionstring = _
>"Provider=MSDAORA;" & _
>"data source=" & user1.userhsdInstance_str & ";" & _
>"user id=" & user1.userhsdnm_str & ";" & _
>"password=" & user1.userhsdps_str

>ERROR Received:
>ADODB.Recordset reported 3251.  Object or Provider is not capable of
>performing requested operation.

>While using the 2nd connection string:
>set mconn = new adodb.connection
>mconn.connectionstring = _
>"driver={MICROSOFT ODBC FOR ORACLE};" & _
>"SERVER=" & user1.userhsdInstance_str & ";" & _
>"UID=" & user1.userhsdnm_str & ";" & _
>"PWD=" & user1.userhsdps_str

>ERROR Received:
>Microsoft OLD DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Reported -2147217900.
>[Microsoft][ODBC Driver for ORACLE][ORACLE] ORA-20003.

>If anyone knows what the issue could be, please pass it along.

>Again .. any help is greatly appreciated.

>SW

Wed, 07 Jan 2004 01:32:17 GMT

1. diff between active connection & connection string help

2. solution to diff between two dates...

3. Two transaction of two connection in a program

4. Open Two Database with Two System.Mda and Two different User Names and Password

5. Join diff connections (SQL Server and ODBC) in Data Environment

6. Looking for two strings in a string

7. Two or more than two attachments

8. ADODB connection string for Access

9. Two tables, two databases

10. How to calculate the difference between two dates (time elapsed between two program starts)

11. TWO PROJECTS, TWO EXE'S, ONE INSTALL???

12. Connecting two processes or two VB programs