c:\program files\common files\system\ado
Author Message
 c:\program files\common files\system\ado

I developed an application under Windows 2000 using VB6
that opens an Access 2000 database.  I deployed the
application on an XP Professional computer.  The program
cannot open the database on the XP machine.  It seems that
the c:\program files\common files\system\ado directory is
empty and I believe my application relies on the files in
this directory for ADO services.

What do I need to install (or reinstall) on this XP
machine to repopulate the c:\program files\common
files\system\ado directory?

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 21:58:30 GMT
 c:\program files\common files\system\ado
Hello,

You may need to reinstall the MDAC 2.7

Quote:

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 22:25:37 GMT
 c:\program files\common files\system\ado
Hello,

Thank you for your help.

I tried installing the latest MDAC (2.7 sp1), but it did not help.  The
MDAC installation is a little quirky too.  It said it successfully
installed itself in less than three seconds.

I don't know how to get the MDAC to do a complete re-install and/or
refresh.

Any suggestions?

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 23:24:39 GMT
 c:\program files\common files\system\ado
Hi,

[cut]

Quote:
> I tried installing the latest MDAC (2.7 sp1), but it did not help.  The
> MDAC installation is a little quirky too.  It said it successfully
> installed itself in less than three seconds.

> I don't know how to get the MDAC to do a complete re-install and/or
> refresh.

You need to install also the Microsoft Jet 4.0 Engine. The MDAC after 2.5 are not
including the Jet engine.

See also
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q282010
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;271908

So you haft to install Jet 4 SP3 to get the Jet engine and then update this to the current
SP6
I hope that helps.
Greetings from London

Christian

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 23:38:59 GMT
 c:\program files\common files\system\ado
I tried installing MDAC 2.7 sp1.  The install took all of
three seconds before it said it was successfully
installed.  I don't know how to instruct the MDAC to do a
complete reinstall.

Quote:

Tue, 01 Nov 2005 03:16:19 GMT
 c:\program files\common files\system\ado
Hi,
here is the a link out of the MSDN HowTo reconfigure MDAC
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307255
I think that should help.

Geetingx from London

Christian

Quote:
> I tried installing MDAC 2.7 sp1.  The install took all of
> three seconds before it said it was successfully
> installed.  I don't know how to instruct the MDAC to do a
> complete reinstall.

Tue, 01 Nov 2005 17:06:33 GMT

1. use of ADO to query file system (directories and files)

2. Write ADO Field containing binary data (files) to the file system

3. DAO Blob Adding/Extracting (audio files, text files, image files, program files)

4. selecting multiple files with file open common dialog?

5. Saving files from MailFolder to the file system

6. Xfering .msg files from file system to MAPI folder using VBA

7. Save a message as a msg-file in the file system

8. File locks when deleting files using SYSTEM.IO

9. File System Objects v. Open for file IO

10. Multi Version File System Files in FileListBox

11. Changing File Permissions through File System Objects

12. File/Folder Object System and sorting files