Accessing records with 'occurs clause' on Unisys Mainframes??
Author Message
 Accessing records with 'occurs clause' on Unisys Mainframes??

We are connecting to a DMSII database on Unisys A-series
mainframes using OLEDB driver provided by Unisys.
We need to update a record in the DMSII table. This table
has an occurs clause in it. The data in the occurs clause
is presented to the VB application as a ADODB.recordset
and we have no problems in interrogating the value of any
field.
But when we try to update any field in this recordset (
any field having an occurs clause) we get an error
saying "the provider does not support this operation".
The locktype  property of this occurs recordset is set
to 'adlockreadonly' when it is retrieved.

Is there any way we can update a record which has an
occurs field?
thanks
Nitin

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:45:04 GMT
 Accessing records with 'occurs clause' on Unisys Mainframes??
Hi,

If you have read-only, forward-only recordset, then you
cannot make changes in it. To get recordset updatabase,
you need to open it as Keyset or Static or Dynamic. Try to
play with settings or CursorType property of recordset.
Also some settings depend on cursor location. Usually you
can open recordset on client side only in Static mode and
it should be updatable.

Val

Quote:

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:15:42 GMT

1. ***** Where clause in recordset won't select the correct records *****

2. Connecting to Unisys mainframe from Visual Basic

3. Connecting to Unisys mainframe from Visual Basic

4. FYI: 'Errors Occurred' + Oracle7 + ADO2.1

5. MAPI: 'Unspecified Failure has occurred'

6. 'exception occurred' error

7. MAPI: 'Unspecified Failure has occurred'

8. 'Like' clause freaking out

9. HELP / HELP / syntax SQL / 'LIKE' clause

10. Problem with SQL 'Like' Clause

11. Problems with SQL 'Like' clause

12. Accessing Report 'Record Source' field