MDX field name in ADO recordset filter property
Author Message
 MDX field name in ADO recordset filter property

I have an ADO recordset containing data from an OLAP data source. I need to filter the recordset on the following field name:
[BNF].[BNFChapter].[MEMBER_CAPTION]

However, using rs.Filter = "[BNF].[BNFChapter].[MEMBER_CAPTION] = '01'" throws an error '800a0bb9', which according to the MS knowledgebase, indicates incorrect filter syntax.

It seems like the problem may be related to the format of the field name (containing square brackets and periods). If anyone has any ideas to get around this, I would be grateful.

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:11:52 GMT

1. LIKE operator in filter property of recordset (for numeric fields)

2. ADO Data Combo and Recordset Filter Property

3. ado Recordset Filter property

4. ADO Data Combo and Recordset Filter Property

5. ado recordset filter property

6. ADO Data Combo and Recordset Filter Property

7. ADO Data Combo and Recordset Filter Property

8. Filtering ADO Recordset on Date Field using NON-US Locale

9. ADO Recordset filter comparing fields

10. How do I use a variable as a field name with an ADO recordset

11. Rdb ODBC v3.0.1.1 and the fields(n).name property using ADO

12. Reference ADO Recordset fields by name??