MDAC 2.7
Author Message
 MDAC 2.7

Hi! I just downloaded and installed MDAC 2.7 but under
Projects->References I only have an option for "Microsoft
ActiveX Data Objects 2.7 Library" and I don't have an
option for "Microsoft ADO Ext. 2.7 for DDL and Security".
How do I install that? I still have access to Ext. 2.5 but
I'd like to upgrade anything. Thanks in advance!

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:02:25 GMT
 MDAC 2.7
Hi,

As I know there is no "Microsoft ADO Ext. 2.7 for DDL and Security". Latest
version is 2.5 and you could use that one.

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> Hi! I just downloaded and installed MDAC 2.7 but under
> Projects->References I only have an option for "Microsoft
> ActiveX Data Objects 2.7 Library" and I don't have an
> option for "Microsoft ADO Ext. 2.7 for DDL and Security".
> How do I install that? I still have access to Ext. 2.5 but
> I'd like to upgrade anything. Thanks in advance!

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:41:04 GMT
 MDAC 2.7

Quote:
> Hi,

> As I know there is no "Microsoft ADO Ext. 2.7 for DDL and Security".
Latest
> version is 2.5 and you could use that one.

> --
> Val Mazur
> Microsoft MVP

I have version 2.7 of ADOX - msADOX.dll Version 2.70.7713.0 .

As is usual with MS dll hell - I have no idea how it actually arrived on my
system.  I am running XP professional, Office 2000, Visio 2002 and VB 6.0 .

-
Thomas Bartkus
www.BartkusConsulting.com

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 22:11:44 GMT
 MDAC 2.7
Hello Thomas, Val and Bob,

I checked the release manifest for MDAC 2.7 Refresh. IT says it does
distribute the MSADOX.DLL
version
msADOX.dll    2.70.9001.0    ADO Extensions
If you have WinXP Home or Pro it comes with MDAC 2.7 which already has
msADOX.dll.
This files does show up as ADO Ext.2.7 for DDL and Security in my Com
references list in .NET.
I did not check it in Visual Basic yet.

Thanks
Ramesh Thyagarajan, MCSD,MCDBA
Microsoft Developer support

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 00:47:22 GMT
 MDAC 2.7
I check VB 6 and yeas it is there.

Quote:
> Hello Thomas, Val and Bob,

> I checked the release manifest for MDAC 2.7 Refresh. IT says it does
> distribute the MSADOX.DLL
> version
> msADOX.dll    2.70.9001.0    ADO Extensions
> If you have WinXP Home or Pro it comes with MDAC 2.7 which already has
> msADOX.dll.
> This files does show up as ADO Ext.2.7 for DDL and Security in my Com
> references list in .NET.
> I did not check it in Visual Basic yet.

> Thanks
> Ramesh Thyagarajan, MCSD,MCDBA
> Microsoft Developer support

rights.

> Are you secure? For information about the Microsoft Strategic Technology
> Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
> http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 02:28:54 GMT
 MDAC 2.7

Hi! I just downloaded and installed MDAC 2.7 but under
Projects->References I only have an option for "Microsoft
ActiveX Data Objects 2.7 Library" and I don't have an
option for "Microsoft ADO Ext. 2.7 for DDL and Security".
How do I install that? I still have access to Ext. 2.5 but
I'd like to upgrade anything. Thanks in advance!

Kind of tricky but it displays as 2.5 when it is not selected. Once you select 2.5, close and
re-open the References dialog it will show up as 2.7 when selected.

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 02:48:53 GMT
 MDAC 2.7

Hello Thomas, Val and Bob,

I checked the release manifest for MDAC 2.7 Refresh. IT says it does
distribute the MSADOX.DLL
version
msADOX.dll    2.70.9001.0    ADO Extensions
If you have WinXP Home or Pro it comes with MDAC 2.7 which already has
msADOX.dll.
This files does show up as ADO Ext.2.7 for DDL and Security in my Com
references list in .NET.
I did not check it in Visual Basic yet.

Thanks
Ramesh Thyagarajan, MCSD,MCDBA
Microsoft Developer support

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

You can use your DLL Help database page to determine which products distribute the component:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/filevers...

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 02:54:09 GMT
 MDAC 2.7
You're right! Thanks a lot - I didn't even try selecting
it since I didn't see the new version. Thanks again!

Quote:

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 03:11:54 GMT
 MDAC 2.7

<snip>
Quote:

> You can use your DLL Help database page to determine which products
distribute
> the component:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/filevers...
info.asp&SD=msdn

MS usually has the info, but I'll be *amned if I can find anything there
myself.

Great link! Thanks.
Thomas Bartkus

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 04:06:14 GMT

1. Does MDAC 2.7 Support RDO ?

2. MDAC 2.7 THAI

3. WinXP, MDAC 2.7 and Oracle8i connection issue

4. WISE MDAC 2.7

5. MDAC 2.7 silent install

6. Update all rows in a large database using Access 2002, MDAC 2.7, Jet 4.0

7. GUID problem in MDAC 2.7

8. Upgrding to MDAC 2.7

9. MDAC 2.7???

10. Urgent! - Uninstall MDAC 2.7