Word 97 mail merge
Author Message
 Word 97 mail merge

WinNT4 SP6a
VB6 SP4
ADO 2.5 SP1
Word97 SR2

I'm writing a VB application that (among other things) connects to a DB2
database through ADO and performs multiple Word mail merges through
automation.  In the procedure in question, the ADO connection is opened,
some recordsets are returned, Word is opened (Set wrdApp = New
Word.Application), multiple Word mail merges are performed, Word is closed
(wrdApp.Quit), the Word object is removed from memory (Set wrdApp =
Nothing), the ADO connection is closed, and the ADO connection object is
removed from memory (Set cnn = Nothing).  When the connection object is set
to Nothing, the application crashes and takes the IDE with it (no run-time
error, no Dr. Watson, just everything disappears from the screen).  When the
mail merges are skipped (and sometimes when only one, and not multiple, mail
merges are performed), the application works just fine.  Does anyone have
any suggestions as to what's going on and how I might fix this problem?

Tue, 27 May 2003 01:27:46 GMT
 Word 97 mail merge
Hi John,

See my reply to tom (Excel aplication running even if... - just "above" yours
on my newsreader). Same questions and remarks.

Quote:
> When the connection object is set
> to Nothing, the application crashes and takes the IDE with it (no run-time
> error, no Dr. Watson, just everything disappears from the screen).  When the
> mail merges are skipped (and sometimes when only one, and not multiple, mail
> merges are performed), the application works just fine.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.mvps.org/word
http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

Wed, 28 May 2003 00:11:07 GMT

1. MS Word 97 Mail Merge with Oracle Datasource?

2. VB6 and Word 97 Mail Merge

3. Word 97 Mail Merge with VB

4. MS Word 97 Mail Merge with Oracle Datasource?

5. Mail merge error: Access 97 to Word 97

6. Access 97 to Word Mail Merge Automation

7. Mail Merge with Word 97

8. Create Form Letter in Word 97 without using Mail Merge

9. Word Mail Merge Err - Word could not merge...

10. Formatting Merge Fields in Word Mail Merge

11. HTML forms, Word, e-mail and mail merge

12. creating word mailing labels with Mail Merge